SALT LAKE CITY — JUMP CEO James Jensen has announced the first JUMP location at American Dream, located in East Rutherford, New Jersey, tentatively set to open at the end of 2021, is a location-based, hyper-reality entertainment company that is the brainchild of Jensen, co-founder and visionary behind the virtual reality company The VOID.
American Dream is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail, and dining, located in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The new 5,000 square foot JUMP hangar will offer guests a completely new and fresh experience.
“JUMP surpasses current entertainment offerings and is a pioneer in the newest category of entertainment: hyperreality.” Jensen said. “Hyperreality means we’re-creating an experience that includes several sensory elements, including the feeling of wind and heat, smell (like the scent of pine trees), and the very real physical sensation of jumping and ultimately flying. We are thrilled to be bringing this unique experience to American Dream. It’s the perfect location for our first JUMP location.”
“We are excited to welcome the first JUMP location to American Dream. By pioneering the future of entertainment with technology, this partnership aligns with our mission to delight guests across physical and digital spaces and create unforgettable moments.” said Nicole Mozeliak, COO of American Dream.
The JUMP hyper-reality experience will include a real wingsuit, outfitted specifically for JUMP, and a VR helmet. The simulator is a blend of suspension and wind systems that enables people to experience the extreme thrill of jumping off cliffs and skyscrapers without the danger.
Passes are now available through their presale at https://jump.aethrkey.com/passes.
- There are four tiers of JUMP passes:
- Duo – This is for those looking for a way to satisfy their adrenaline craving, give something unique for a birthday, or have a fun date night. With two transferable passes, guests can share the thrill or save both for themselves.
- Squad – The Squad Pass comes with six transferable passes making it ideal for families looking for a bonding activity, competitive friends searching for an alternative to their late-night fast-food run, or a smaller company’s bonding experience.
- Captain – Guests can command a whole squadron of adrenaline junkies with 20 transferable JUMP Passes. The Captain Pass enables users to host the team bonding experience of a lifetime or celebrate another trip around the sun by feeling the rush of being alive.
- Lifetime (limited quantity) – The Lifetime Pass is the holy grail of JUMP Passes. With the Lifetime Pass, guests can bring three friends with them to experience the realness of wingsuit flying with none of the risks.
- The passes can be purchased here (people will create an account when they purchase a pass)
- This is the main website where people can sign up for the location release info and newsletter
The JUMP team recently released several videos highlighting the experience: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_lrbIHXqNB4wJKBGJ5GuPw.
“JUMP is everything that location-based hyperreality should be,” said Jensen. “We’ve envisioned an experience that transcends what’s possible for people to experience in real life. Mustering the courage to JUMP off a mountaintop and fly close to the ground has the possibility to transform people. People who have experienced the demo are truly blown away.”