Elden Ring is a challenging game that’s going to be difficult for some players who are new to the Souls genre or to any other FromSoftware game. But while the game may be difficult, the good news here is that you can actually bridge the gap between yourself and your enemies by finding great weapons that you can use to become stronger. One such weapon is the Sword of Night and Flame. So, where and how do you get the Sword of Night and Flame?
The Sword of Night and Flame can be found in the Caria Manor found in Liurnia of the Lakes. You can find a chest in a locked room that can be accessed through a walkway above. There are specific directions that will allow you to access the room so that you can open the chest that contains the sword.
While a lot of different special weapons in Elden Ring require you to go through long quests that will force you to defeat strong enemies, the Sword of Night and Flame is different because you can still get it without having to kill a single enemy. As such, you can follow our instructions if you want to obtain the Sword of Night and Flame anytime you want.
What Is Sword Of Night And Flame?
One of the marks of a true FromSoftware game is the difficulty of the game. That is why Elden Ring is as difficult as any game can be, as it features a satisfying kind of challenge that allows you to roam around an open-world setting that’s quite huge. And because of how challenging the game is, you will need all the help you can get by getting the best weapons that will fit your style.
That said, one of the weapons that can help get you through a good portion of the game is the Sword of Night and Flame. Having this sword will allow you to bridge the gap between you and some powerful enemies that may prove to be too challenging for any other weapon. But what is the Sword of Night and Flame>
The Sword of Night and Flame is a straight sword that will fit a lot of different builds in the game. Of course, it’s also a very powerful sword that may be strong enough to become your main weapon throughout the entire game until you gain access to swords that are much more powerful.
What makes this sword so strong is that it has a unique skill called the Night and Flame Stance, which allows you to cast a sorcery spell that can kill opponents from a distance. As such, you don’t even have to go anywhere near your enemies to cause damage to them.
Sword Of Night And Flame Stats
The Sword of Night and Flame starts out with a Phys attack damage of 87, Magic attack damage of 56, and Fire attack damage of 56. You can upgrade it with a Somber Smithing Stone, but you can also use an Ancient Dragon Somber Smithing Stone to immediately max out its level as soon as you acquire it.
Additionally, here are the requirements for you to properly wield the Sword of Night and Flame:
- Str: 12
- Dex: 12
- Int: 24
- Fai: 24
It also scales primarily with Int and Fai, and that means that it should be a good weapon to use for those who prefer magic swordsmen builds.
Where To Find Sword Of Night And Flame In Elden Ring?
If you want to find the Sword of Night and Flame, the good news is that this sword isn’t that difficult to find because it can be accessed at an early part of the game. In fact, there isn’t even a need for you to go through the first boss of the game (Margit) for you to access it.
The Sword of Night and Flame can be found in Liurnia of the Lakes. Specifically, you can find it in Caria manor. And the good news is that the Sword of Night and Flame can be acquired without having to go through any sort of boss that you may find too difficult for you to handle.
As such, you can acquire the Sword of Night and Flame without killing any enemy, especially if you believe that you are still too weak to kill strong opponents using the weapons that you have in your arsenal.
How To Get Sword Of Night And Flame?
To get the Sword of Night and Flame, you need to follow our instructions:
- Go to Liurnia of the Lakes. If you have been there before, you can simply fast-travel to the Northern Liurnia Lake Shore Site of Grace or to any Site of Grace in the area.
- If you haven’t been to Liurnia of the Lakes, you can access it by going through Godrick’s castle after you have beaten one of the first major bosses of the game.
- After going through Stormveil Castle to reach Liurnia of the Lakes, ride your horse so that you can avoid any enemy encounter. Ride all the way to the Northern Liurnia Shore Site of Grace.
- After that, you can follow the road that’s northeast and then ride through the Kingsrealm Ruins. In the ruins, you will be able to find a wall at the end so that you can reach the Road to the Manor Site of Grace.
- Simply follow the road all the way to the keep. This should be straightforward enough but make sure that you ride as fast as you should while zigzagging your way through the road because there will be enemies raining spells down from the sky.
- Once you reach the Main Caria Manor Gate Site of Grace, rest there to recover any damage you may have received along the way.
- From there, go through the gate and then proceed by sticking close to the left wall while following it. Make sure to avoid the hands that you can find in the ground because that will spell your doom. Proceed until you see a giant hand.
- There will be some steps close to the giant hand. Simply follow the steps to reach a building, which should have more stairs that will allow you to rest at the Manor Lower Level Site of Grace.
- There will be an elevated path that you can find just in front of the Site of Grace. You can go through any of the enemies that you can find, but we recommend that you just simply run past them until you reach the third bridge.
- When you are already on the third bridge, you can jump down the keep under the bridge to the left side. Jump again to an area that should have a ladder. Simply climb down the ladder.
- After climbing down the ladder, you’ll be able to find a chest that contains the Sword of Night and Flame.
Can You Get Sword Of Night And Flame Early?
For those who are wondering whether or not you can get the Sword of Night and Flame, the good news is that you can actually do so. However, take note that the route isn’t exactly easy because you may need to be good enough to avoid enemies. Of course, your horse should be your most trusted friend here.
You don’t have to go through Stormveil Castle because you can simply move past it. There is a route that you can take so that you don’t even have to fight Margit or Godrick. But we recommend that you at least fight Margit first because he’s the first test that will determine whether or not you are skilled enough to continue the game. You can follow this route to move past Stormveil castle from Stormhill Shack.
After going through that route, you will be able to reach Liurnia of the Lakes and use the directions we outlined above.
Another thing to take note of here is that, as you can see from what we’ve written, you may need high enough stats to be able to equip the Sword of Night and Flame. So, even if you do attempt to acquire it early in the game, you won’t be able to equip it. But that shouldn’t stop you from trying to acquire it because if you can get the sword early on, at least you’re going to be motivated enough to increase your level to the point that you’ll be able to equip this weapon.