YouTube Pledges $3M to Help L.A. Creatives Hit by Wildfires
A little over seven months after the wildfires tore through Los Angeles from Altadena to Malibu, YouTube has announced a new way to help the city’s creative community recover. The company confirmed that it will use $3 million from its earlier $15 million commitment to support creative professionals affected by the fires.
This news came from Adam Stewart, YouTube’s vice president of sales, in a blog post on Thursday. Stewart shared that he personally lost his home in the wildfires and understands the tough situation many are facing.
Stewart explained that many people in the YouTube community didn’t just lose their homes but also their studios, equipment, and creative spaces.
He said, “I know firsthand the challenges our community is facing. Many in our YouTube family have been directly impacted, losing not just their homes, but their studios, equipment, and the dedicated spaces where they bring their ideas to life. That’s why we feel a deep responsibility to continue our support.”
To help, YouTube partnered with the Entertainment Community Fund to distribute the money. This fund will assist eligible creative professionals who have suffered losses due to the wildfires.
The support is meant not only for YouTube creators but also for the wider creative industry in Los Angeles. Stewart made it clear that editors, writers, costume teams, and many others involved in entertainment will be able to apply for help. He wrote, “These funds will extend to members within our own community: the YouTube creators who have lost their homes or whose homes have been damaged by the fires. And we’re also extending this support to the broader creative industry. Specifically, this fund is also for performing arts and entertainment professionals in LA who have experienced the loss of their home or damage to their property, regardless of whether they create on YouTube.”
Stewart ended his message with a simple but powerful statement: “We’re in this together.” Earlier this year, YouTube also offered its production facilities to help creators during their recovery, showing ongoing support for the community.
Stewart shared his admiration for Los Angeles and its creative energy, saying it fuels much of the content loved around the world. He pointed out that the city’s creative ecosystem goes beyond just the creators themselves. “The magic of Los Angeles lies in its rich ecosystem of creative talent,” he said.
“The people who support our creators and their growing businesses are a vital part of the YouTube family: the editors, writers, costume teams, and countless other professionals who make up the backbone of the creative industry.”
The wildfires in January caused a lot of damage, and many people are still working to rebuild their lives. Stewart, having experienced this loss himself, understands the long road ahead. YouTube’s fund aims to make a difference for those who were hit hardest.
For more information on who can apply and how to get support, Stewart directs people to the Entertainment Community Fund’s website. His final words remind everyone of the shared strength in the community: “We’re in this together.”
This update comes straight from YouTube’s official blog, giving hope to many creatives who are still recovering from the wildfire’s impact.
Have something to add? Let us know in the comments!


