Gaming is a lot of fun, but sometimes it can get the best of us. If you cannot seem to keep your gaming habit under control, and you decide to pull the plug on your Fortnite and Epic Games account, here is how to go about it.
You can delete your Fortnite account across any platform by filing the Email Us form on Epic Games’ company website. To delete your Epic Games Account, Log into your General account, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click “Request Account Delete”.
It is crucial to know the different account deactivation levels and the implication of choosing one over another. Although, the whole difference is centered around whether you will get partial disabling so that recovery is possible or you will have your account wiped out permanently.
If Fortnite affects you so much, then you may disable it partially, so you can pull yourself together. If you feel a loved one is getting too attached to their game, try to talk them through. But don’t delete the account without their consent.
In this four minutes read, you will see how to deactivate these accounts, and how to recover them if you decide to have your accounts back.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Fortnite Account?
Take a look at ways to delete your Fortnite account permanently across various gaming systems below.
How do I delete my Fortnite account on Xbox?
You can remove your Fortnite account in two different ways:
1. Using Xbox portal.
2. Through the Customer Support’s E-mail Us platform.
When using the Xbox portal, do the following:
- Log in to your Fortnite account.
- Select Fortnite.
- Hit the Start Menu on your gamepad (It’s that three-line button beside the AXBY button).
- Hit the Delete button, and there you go.
When using the Customer Support’s E-mail Us platform, do the following:
- Ensure that you have verified the e-mail associated with the particular Fortnite account. If you haven’t done it yet, go to your e-mail and find the verification mail received on account creation.
- After verifying your e-mail, go on to find the Epic Games contact e-mail. The easiest way to find it is using Google Search Engine. On the Google Search Engine Result Page, find the result with the link to the Epic Games E-mail Us portal.
- On the Contact page, you will insert your Name and E-mail.
- Select the Game Mode from the drop-down.
- Select your platform from the drop-down.
- Choose Login as the issue for your e-mail.
- Fill the subject area with “Delete Account”.
- Clarify your interest to deactivate the account.
- Review the Details you inserted and make necessary corrections.
Send the e-mail, and log out.
Go back to your e-mail, and you will find an e-mail from Epic Game in your inbox.
Confirm the mail.
How Do I Delete My Fortnite Account On Mobile?
To delete the Fortnite account on your mobile phone, follow this procedure:
- Verify your account e-mail as described in Xbox above.
- Find the contact us page and fill in your name and email associated with the account.
- Select Battle Royale as Fortnite Game Mode.
- Select iOS as the Game Platform.
- Complete the process as it is for Xbox above.
- Then go to the mobile app on your phone menu and uninstall the Fortnite app.
How do I Delete my Fortnite account on PlayStation?
There are two ways to delete the Fornite account on your PS:
- Unlinking Procedure.
- Using Epic Games Contact Portal.
To Unlink your account from PlayStation, do the following:
- Log in to the official website of Epic Game.
- Scroll to Connection, Click Disconnect.
- Go under PlayStation and Click Unlink.
Deleting your account with the Contact portal is almost the same as the procedure described previously with Xbox and Mobile phone.
- Check if the e-mail has its verification, and insert your Details.
- Select Game Platform as Playstation.
- Complete the Process as it is for other platforms.
A common mistake for some PSN players is they delete the game from their PS4, thinking that settles it. However, deleting Fortnite from PS4 doesn’t change much, the actual PS account is on PSN. Also, the Epic Games server, not the PS4 memory stores the game’s character data.
If you mean to delete your game, what you should look to delete is your PlayStation account from the parent server. With this, all data wipes out, unless you previously linked another PSN account to the game so you can access the game through it.
Can You Get Back a Deleted Fortnite Account?
You can get your Fortnite account back intact across all game platforms after deleting. This is possible when two things happen to your account.
First is when you delete only your Fortnite account but leave the Epic Games Account to remain functional. The second is when your game data stores in the cloud associated with your account.
If your gaming account deletes alongside the Fortnite account, you would lose all associated data. But if kept during your Fornite deletion, you would be able to recover without hassle.
How to Delete Epic Games Accounts?
The first thing you will find on the Epic Games support page for deleting the complete game account is advice to reconsider deleting it. This is because there is no guarantee that you will get it back, even when it is not a secret that you can recover the account. Make sure you want to delete it.
Epic Games also recommends disabling the account for some time instead to be sure about the decision.
If your conclusion is to go ahead and wipe your account, this is what to do:
- Visit the General info page of the account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find the section for deleting accounts.
- Go to the Request Account Delete and hit it.
- Insert your security code.
- Go back to your e-mail to copy the confirmation code, and insert it in the displayed pop-up.
- Hit Confirm Delete Request Button.
- Select your reason for the action from your drop-down.
- The portal confirms the process reached completion.
How to Delete Epic Games Account Without Verification?
Verification is an intrinsic part of the account deactivation process. This means that the only way to delete your account is if it passes the verification procedure. If you haven’t done your account verification, proceed to the e-mail you registered with for verification mail, and to confirm that you are the legitimate owner of the account.
How long does it take to delete an epic account?
While the confirmation for request submission comes immediately, your account logs out and disables between 15 seconds to 24 hours, but the actual account deletion occurs in 14 days.
How Long Does It Take to Delete an Epic Account?
Your Epic Games account is not only for Fortnite, but it is your account for other games as well. Disconnecting your Fortnite will not affect the gaming account. Your gaming data returns when you recover a disconnected account. You only have to set it up again to resume Fortnite.
Can You Get Back a Deleted Epic Games Account?
The game company warns gamers that accounts will not reactivate after deletion. There is a risk of data loss, and you also have to convince the customers to support that you own the account. If you decide to recover your account, check if 14 days passed since you made the request. After this timeline, you will have to reach out to the support with enough proof of account ownership.
To check if the process is complete, Log in to the official website with your normal details, if nothing happens, then you have to send a mail to the support. If you get a pop-up requesting you to reactivate the account, then it is not completed yet.
Whatever reasons make you want to delete your gaming account, it is best to take the most cautious route, and use the temporary option.
If you feel leaving temporarily wouldn’t fix things for you, then consider deleting the game and not the complete account. In this way, you keep your progress, purchases, or set up on the cloud, and have access to it whenever you want to reactivate.
You can find and redownload content you bought on PlayStation Store when you log in. You can also find them on your device if you back up game data because the data backup goes outside the device.
Keep in mind that you cannot guarantee your account reactivation once past the deletion processing period, and when you do recover, you’re starting all over again.
The point is how far you’re willing to go with your account deactivation. If there is some chance that you’d want your Fortnite or Epic Games account back, you should choose the less drastic process. You can also recover after any level of account delete, but there is a line that you now know may leave your recovery chances hanging.