How to Make a Beehive in Minecraft? (How to Get Bees In?)
Minecraft has a long list of brand new, unique, and useful mobs for your gameplay. Bees are one of those mobs in Minecraft and are neutral mobs and adorable creatures.
One thing that makes Minecraft bees unique is that they won’t take any initiative to attack you unless you attack them first. This article will help you learn how to make a beehive and get bees in a beehive in Minecraft.
You can make a beehive by using wooden planks and honeycomb in your crafting grid. You can also add bees in a beehive by using a Minecraft shear. You will do so to get the most out of Minecraft bees.
You will find this helpful guide as it will tell you about the whereabouts of bees. You will also learn about how they interact, breed, and perform in Minecraft.
How To Make A Beehive In Minecraft?
Minecraft’s ‘Buzzy Bees Updates’ have added beehives in Minecraft. These are the naturally occurring hives that usually generate in different Minecraft biomes. Beehives spawn naturally in plain, flower forest, sunflower plain, and related Minecraft biomes.
Along with being able to spawn naturally, beehives are also craftable in Minecraft. What makes beehives different from bees’ nests is the nature of their crafting process. Beehives are the products of man-made creations, while bee nests are the natural hives for bees.
Here, I will discuss the whole process through which you can make a beehive in Minecraft. If you want to save time, then this simple recipe is for you. Let’s get to know about how you would make a beehive in Minecraft.
1. Collect The Raw Materials
The progress of the whole crafting process lies in the collection of needed items. It would be best if you grab some of the Minecraft items beforehand. What you would need are three pieces of honeycomb and six wooden planks.
Let me tell you about the way of getting these raw materials in Minecraft. Let’s find out more about the methods one by one.
Getting honeycomb is a bit trickier in Minecraft. Still, you can get a honeycomb by using a few items. You will need to shear for damaging the beehives. As a result, you will see that the honey will start falling down the nests. You will be able to collect three honeycombs per beehive.
To avoid wasting your precious time, you can also harvest or farm honeycombs around your Minecraft world. This method will save your time and effort. To make this process easy, you can also use a dispenser and a campfire around the targeted beehives in Minecraft.
For wooden planks
You can easily find and grab wooden planks in Minecraft. Make sure that you are using the nearby places for finding wooden planks. Here, you can use any wood. Then you will use that to get the most out of that. You can use oak, spruce, and many other kinds of wood.
2. Locate Minecraft Bees And Bees Nest
Once you have collected the raw materials, you will move forward to locate Minecraft bees and their nests. Why would you do so? Well, you will do so to make a beehive in Minecraft.
You can use flowers for this purpose. Sounds strange? Flowers are the things that will attract Minecraft bees in a large number. If you place some flowers on the ground, the chances are that the bees will start wandering around that bunch of flowers. After finding bees, you will go for a bee’s nest under the trees in Minecraft.
3. Let The Bees Breed
Breeding is one of the most important phases of a bee’s life. You will allow Minecraft bees to breed to increase their number. Let’s find out how to let the Minecraft bees mate.
- Breeding bees will require you to harvest some flowers.
- You will give the harvested flowers to bees in Minecraft. Flowers are an indication of breeding for the Minecraft bees.
- Make sure that the bees have filled their nests with honey. You can then harvest that honey.
4. Harvest Or Farm Honeycombs
As the number of bees increases in the beehive, getting honeycombs will also increase for you. The bees’ nest will start falling or dripping with honey. You will use your shear for harvesting the honey.
The story doesn’t end here. You will have to make sure that you are not damaging or breaking the beehives. Or else, you will have to face severe consequences in the form of loss of honeycombs. That’s where the Minecraft shear comes to play its due role. You can craft a shear by using two iron ingots and wooden planks.
5. Open Your Crafting Menu
Once you have collected all the items mentioned above, you can move ahead to get beehives quite quickly in Minecraft. You will open the crafting menu. It would take you to the crafting table of 3×3 from your Minecraft inventory slot.
You will use honeycombs, wooden planks, shear, and dispenser to facilitate the whole process of getting a beehive in Minecraft. By adequately following these steps, you will be able to add a beehive to your Minecraft inventory within no time.
6. Add The Raw Materials To Their Exact Places
After that, you will add all the needed items to their respective places in Minecraft. Make sure that you place all the items at their exact positions on your crafting table. You will need to make the following arrangement in your crafting table:
- Place three wooden planks in the three blocks of the first row of your crafting table.
- Place three honeycombs in the three blocks of the second row of your crafting table.
- Place three wooden planks in the three blocks of the third row of your crafting table.
7. Craft The Beehives
After placing all the things at their exact positions, let the crafting go ahead. You will get your desired product in a few minutes. Crafting beehives won’t ask you for much effort and time. After some time, you will see your beehive at the top right corner of your crafting table.
8. Move The Newly Crafted Beehive To Your Inventory Slot
Now you will need to move the newly crafted beehive to the Minecraft inventory slot. That thing will help you use your beehive for different purposes. You will also be able to get yourself avail of the endless services and perks of Minecraft beehives.
How To Find Bees In Minecraft?
Minecraft bees spawn naturally across the Minecraft world. You can easily get your hands on the large number of bees in Minecraft. You will need to locate the bees. Make sure that you are well aware of the locations of bees in your Minecraft world. It would be important to get your desired resources in Minecraft.
Here I will list down all the possible ways that you can use to find Minecraft bees. Let’s get started to make your Minecraft journey smooth.
1. Search Minecraft Biomes
Minecraft bees are prominent entities throughout the Minecraft world. It would be easy for you to get them as per your requirements. You can find Minecraft bees in flower, forest, plain, sunflower plain biomes. There would be different chances of getting Minecraft bees from different biomes. For example;
- Sunflower plain biomes 5% chances
- Flower forest biomes 2 % chances
- Forest biomes 0.2% chances
- Plain biomes 5% chances
- Tundra biomes 2% chances
- Birch or oak trees 5% chances
You can start your journey from Flower forests. Flower forests will give you higher chances of getting Minecraft bees.
2. Natural Spawning
Minecraft bees also spawn in some biomes. You will find them spawning in tundra biomes. Chances are there that you will get your required number of Minecraft bees from this biome. You can easily track down Minecraft bees.
3. Follow The Footsteps Of Minecraft Bees
Perhaps the easiest way to find Minecraft bees is to follow the bees’ nests or bee homes. This thing will help you track down Minecraft bees.
How To Get Bees In A Beehive In Minecraft?
Getting bees in a beehive is not tricky in Minecraft. The method is the same as you have used for getting bees in Minecraft. There are two ways for getting bees in a beehive in Minecraft.
- Getting bees will require you some flowers in Minecraft. You can collect flowers of any kind from different Minecraft biomes. Minecraft bees will easily attract the flowers, and chances are that they will enter into love mode.
- You can also attach a lead to the Minecraft bees. That lead will help you take the bees to the beehives or bees nest in Minecraft. If you don’t have a lead in your inventory, you can make one. You will require four pieces of string and a slimeball to craft a Minecraft lead. Your crafting table will turn these materials into a lead within no time.
These methods will help you move the bees in a beehive. What happens by getting bees in a Minecraft beehive? There would be a lot of benefits that you will get from this thing. You will be able to increase the amount of honey in the beehives. You can get honeycombs as well.
How Many Bees Can Fit In A Beehive Minecraft?
There would be three bees in one Minecraft beehive. This is the maximum limit of a beehive. Minecraft bees will remain and spawn in groups. You will never see them spawning alone in your Minecraft world.
If the number of bees increases in a beehive, the extra bees will shift to the other beehives.
Can You Breed Bees In Minecraft?
Minecraft bees are adorable and useful creations in Minecraft. Bees not only buzz around your Minecraft world but also produce a pleasant sound while wandering in Minecraft. You can increase the number of Minecraft bees by allowing them to breed in Minecraft.
Like most of the other Minecraft animals, Minecraft bees are breedable. You can breed Minecraft bees to help them multiply in numbers. Perhaps, breeding is the only way to double the number of Minecraft bees. You can let them breed to gain more experience points for your gameplay.
How To Breed Bees In Minecraft?
Are you up for learning about how to find and breed bees in Minecraft? Minecraft is also serving you well in this regard. Breeding bees in Minecraft is a pretty simple task for you. What you will do is to collect some flowers.
Read on to learn the whole process of breeding Minecraft bees in detail.
- Collect some flowers from the Minecraft flower forest biomes. You can also get some flowers from other places in your world.
- Make sure that you are breeding them outside their nests. This thing will increase the efficiency of the breeding process. You will also get a chance to save your precious time.
- You will also need to find bees that you will require for breeding. Grassy locations would be the perfect places to get some bees from in Minecraft.
- You can also place some flowers on the ground. This thing will help you get some bees as well. Minecraft bees will start moving around the bunch of flowers placed on the ground.
- Now hold the flowers in your hand. Give one flower to each of the two bees. You will give the flower to those bees that are about to breed in Minecraft.
- Love mode will be active in your gameplay. Having flowers in their hands, bees will start falling in love with each other.
- Now, the bees will start pairing off in your Minecraft game. This thing is an indication that the breeding is on track.
- After some time, both bees will give rise to a baby bee in Minecraft. You can use the method mentioned above to get as many bees as you want for your Minecraft gameplay.
- There you go. You have successfully increased the number of bees in Minecraft. Bees will help you get honey in Minecraft. You will be able to get some new flowers from the bees.
Here the question arises as to why you would breed Minecraft bees in your gameplay? Or what’s the point of breeding them in Minecraft? Well, you can breed Minecraft bees for the following purposes:
- To increase their numbers
- To get a large amount of honey
- To get your hands on an essential resource of Minecraft. That resource is a honeycomb in Minecraft.
How To Get Bees Out Of Hive In Minecraft?
Minecraft bees are the mobs that can attack you in a few circumstances. Getting bees out of a beehive will require you a light source. You can use a campfire, light points, or fire to serve the same purpose in Minecraft.
How does it work in your gameplay? Well, you will have to keep the following things in mind to make your mission possible in Minecraft.
- Make sure that you have arranged a light source for this purpose. Campfires would be the best option for you in this regard.
- Place a campfire underneath Minecraft trees.
- The formation of smoke from the campfire will bring the Minecraft bees into chill mode.
- Minecraft bees won’t find it disturbing at all. You will use the same tool to get as many bees as you want out of the beehives.
- This method will certainly help remove the anger of Minecraft bees.
How To Move A Beehive In Minecraft?
Want to relocate your bee home in Minecraft? Are you tired of the existing station of your bee home in your gameplay? If yes, then Minecraft will help you somehow in this regard too.
Let’s get to know about how to move a beehive in Minecraft.
- All you need to do is to wait for the end of the day.
- Make sure that all the bees are in the colony.
- After that, you will have to block the entrance to the beehives in Minecraft. Make sure that you have properly closed all the entrances to the beehives.
- You can now move the beehive to your desired place in Minecraft.
How To Get A Honeycomb In Minecraft?
Here is a full guide on how to get a honeycomb in Minecraft.
Honeycomb is an essential resource in Minecraft. But they are not craftable in Minecraft. You can’t use a crafting table or a furnace to get a honeycomb in Minecraft. All you can do is harvest honeycombs. You can also go farming for the same purpose.
What would you do then? You will need a shear to collect honeycombs in Minecraft. First, you will locate a beehive in Minecraft. Then you will use the shear to make the honey fall out of the holes. Then you will pick up the honeycombs as soon as you can.
Or else, honeycombs will disappear from that place. In the end, you will need to move the honeycombs to the Minecraft’ Hotbar’.