Why Does Deadpool Like Unicorns?
Deadpool is a very special character. He is unique in most aspects and although he tends to be exceptionally brutal and weird people out, he is still one of the most popular comic book characters in the world. His unique skills, stories and his special approach to life make Deadpool so special and so likeable. In today’s article, we are going to explore one aspect of Deadpool’s personality and that is his fondness of unicorns! Why does Deadpool like unicorns so much? Keep reading to find out!
There is no outright explanation of why Deadpool likes unicorns. As it is often with him, it’s probably just a random thing so we can conclude that Deadpool likes unicorns simply because he likes them. He can. He does. End of story.
In today’s article, we are going to explore Deadpool’s love of unicorns and connect it with his sexuality, so keep reading to find out all you wanted to know about this topic.
Why does Deadpool like unicorns?
Well, who doesn’t like unicorns? Voldemort even liked how they tasted, so it’s really not something that should come as a surprise to anyone. But, let’s be serious for a moment – why does Deadpool like unicorns, really?
There is a whole little “mythology” surrounding Deadpool’s love for unicorns and things that are completely different from what he usually represents, like Hello Kitty or the likes. Yet, although it is a recurring motif in the materials featuring Deadpool, we’ve neve really gotten an explanation. At leas not one that would be considered completely canon.
A theory states that Deadpool had a very abusive father who beat him as a child; while he was taking the beatings, he would hold onto his favourite plushie and the unicorns remind him of that plushie. On the other hand, that’s the same Deadpool that said he didn’t know his father and that he had had an abusive mother, so go figure. It’s quite random with him, really.
And we think that’s the best possible answer we could give you when it comes to Deadpool’s love for unicorns (and Hello Kitty, etc.) – it’s quite random. Sure, everyone likes unicorns, but do mentally disturbed, masked mutant mercenaries really like them, too? It seems they do and it probably isn’t anything more than the fact that unicorns are awesome and that there really is no reason why one should not like them.
When Deadpool is concerned, unicorns have also been often mentioned during talk of his sexuality, which we are going to cover in the next section.
Is Deadpool really pansexual?
There have been a lot of debates on the topic of Deadpool’s sexuality. He has been married, he has fathered several children and he has had a lot of relationships with different characters. He is also known for hitting on anyone that he likes, be it a male, female or some other species altogether. This would imply that Deadpool is pansexual, but is he? We have the answer:
“Deadpool is whatever sexual inclination his brain tells him he is in THAT moment. And then the moment passes. (…) Not trying to be dismissive, but readers always want to ‘make a character their own’, and often that is to the exclusion of what the character might mean to other fans. I’ve been dogged with the DP sexuality questions for YEARS. It is a bit tiring. He is NO sex and ALL sexes. He is yours and everyone else’s. So not dismissive, but rather the epitome of inclusive.”– Fabian Nicieza
As we all know, Fabian Nicieza is one of Deadpool’s creator, so we can consider his words to be canon. The same goes for author Gerry Duggan, who said this:
So yes, Deadpool definitely is pansexual, as confirmed by the authors who created and wrote him.
Who has Deadpool slept with?
As far as Deadpool’s sexual exploits are concerned, while he is pansexual, the comics have only shown him sleep with females, although there have been a lot of different races among that group, some even demonic and/or alien. He has yet to have a boyfriend, although he was seen hitting on male characters (such as Thor) and we strongly assume that he has a crush on Cable. He would also probably sleep with a completely different species or an animal, seeing how he perceives such things, but none of that has happened… yet.
As we conclude our article, we are going to give you a list of characters we know Deadpool has slept with. So, here we go:
- Vanessa Carlyle (Copycat), known from the movie, but was probably Deadpool’s biggest love, despite the tragic story behind it.
- Theresa Cassidy (Siryn), Banshee’s daughter who was Deadpool’s ideal woman, but only ended up sleeping with him because she needed a distraction from her problems; despite that, they were pretty close.
- Satana Hellstrom, Satan’s daughter and Daimon’s sister, who – at one point – became one of Deadpool’s numerous wives, only to eventually divorce him and rip out half of his soul.
- Mercedes Wilson, Deadpool’s first wife. Or not. Maybe? He slept with her, that’s good enough for us.
- Beatrice the Bearded Lady, who ended up sleeping with Deadpool as part of his victory celebration. It’s quite retro, when you think about it.
- Mary Walker (Typhoid Mary), who slept with him after she impersonated Siryn, making Deadpool happy and then… not happy.
- Gretchen Wilson, one of Deadpool’s ex-wives, but an unknown one that just appeared ex machina in one of the stories.
- Inez Temple (Outlaw), who ended up sleeping with Deadpool after he fixed up her place, although he was kinda responsible for its destruction in the first place.
- Beatriz, the daughter of a mad scientist obsessed with her dead husband, who mistook Deadpool for him and had sex with him. Deadpool did it, but since the situation was just weird, he ran away soon after.
- Broken Blade, an alien Deadpool met during his adventures in space. Oh, and befriended, started a relationship with and ultimately slept with.
- Princess Teela, another alien, she slept with Deadpool as he sided with her plans to modernise her home planet. He wasn’t really into all of that, but hey… it’s Deadpool.
- Orksa, a giant hippopotamus-like bipedal alien whose one arm is larger than Deadpool. The people rest, your honour.
- Carmelita Camacho, a young girl who slept with Deadpool because she thought they were about to die and she had never experienced sex before.
- Shiklah, she is a monster, although she looks pretty decent for a monstrosity. Maybe that’s why Deadpool ended up marrying her at one point.
- Janet van Dyne (Wasp), who ended up sleeping with Deadpool when she was the leader of the Avengers. Deadpool later wished himself out of that whole storyline so this technically never happened.
- Lady Death, who… no, nope, we’re not getting into this shit. Over and out.
And that’s it for today. We hope you had fun reading this and that we helped solve this dilemma for you. See you next time and don’t forget to follow us!