OVERLORD is a very popular isekai series whose popularity was further raised thanks to the success of the anime adaptation. And while OVERLORD has provided us with numerous topics of discussion in this article, this article is going to be focused on an important location in the series – the Great Tomb of Nazarick, which is the principal location in the whole franchise. In this article, we are going to tell you what to need to know about the Great Tomb of Nazaricks, as well as its layout.
The Great Tomb of Nazarick is a principal location in the series
The center of the Ainz Ooal Gown guild, well-known as an unconquerable dungeon in YGGDRASIL, is located in the Great Tomb of Nazarick. In the time of the YGGDRASIL, the dungeon is initially located in the heart of the immense poisonous swamp, or more specifically, the Helheim marshes.
The dungeon, however, is now situated next to the Great Forest of Tob in a grassland after being transported to the New World. It is allegedly the most terrifying dungeon in YGGDRASIL. Since Ainz Ooal Gown operated like an “evil” guild, numerous attackers tried to take control of the dungeon but were all consistently defeated.
A union of a total of eight guilds and numerous NPC mercenaries staged the only attack to ever reach the sixth floor. Even though a whole guild alliance combined all their forces, they were unable to take control of the 8th floor.
The outline is complex, but it can be understood
The Great Tomb of Nazarick had only six stories when Ainz Ooal Gown first ruled it. The tomb was totally restored and expanded to more than ten floors after Ainz Ooal Gown took control of it. Each story has particular locations where doors open to provide magical passage. Ainz Ooal Gown won the Dungeon on his first try.
Since intruders frequently attempted to enter, the top levels were designed to be extremely inexpensive, so even replacing the entire floor isn’t a significant price. Ainz, nevertheless, thinks that products on the ninth floor are extremely pricey. Now that we have given you a general idea of what the Tomb looks like, we are going to provide you with a more detailed overview of its structure:
This is the exterior of the dungeon, which is around 200 meters in every direction. There are numerous statues of deities and various other creatures, as well as a Log Cabin, the only “building” in this section.
The Grave (Floors 1-3)
The first three floors of the tomb are special catacombs with several unique locations within them. They are:
- Black Capsule: Kyouhukou’s residence, which is located on the 2nd Floor.
- Derelict Rope Bridge: An old bridge that seems like it is going to collapse as soon as you step on it. Under it, one can see numerous corpses
- Grave Vault of Adipocere: Shalltear’s residence, which is also located on the 2nd Floor.
- Windowless Underground Chapel: A location that is unique because it has absolutely no source of light.
Underground Lake (Floor 4)
The underground lake is located within a cavern and is the principal location on the fourth floor. A giant white bat has guarded it in the past, while its current guardian is the golem Gargantua.
Glacier (Floor 5)
The whole fifth floor is an ice-type area filled with numerous snow- and ice-related atmospheric phenomena. Cocytus guards it. There are several important locations there:
- Frozen Prison: This building has two stories and looks like a frozen fairy tale house. Nazarick’s enemies are locked up in here and are guarded by Wraith-type creatures.
- Room of Truth: Neuronist Painkill’s chamber.
- Room of Nigredo: Nigredo’s chamber.
- Snowball Earth: Cocytus’ residence, which is actually a large white dome.
Jungle (Floor 6)
This complex and large area resembles a jungle, not a forest. It can survive thanks to the Blue Planet, a fake sun that allows for the living conditions there. It is guarded by Aura Bella Fiora and Mare Bello Fiore. Known locations and landmarks include:
- Gigantic Tree: Aura and Mare’s residence.
- Amphitheatre: This is actually a copy of the Roman Colosseum.
- Green Hole: An special area that was, at one point, turned into a village.
- Overgrown Ruins
- Huge Lake: A large lake that, despite its size, is smaller than the underground lake on Floor 4.
- Poisonous Pits
- Twisted Trees
- Mangrove Forest
- Bottomless Swamps
- Different types of woodlands
- Large Cave: The residence of Gashokukochuuou, the area’s former guardian.
- Field of Flowers: A large meadow filled with plant-like monsters.
- Trail of the Fey: A trail with teleportation pads.
- Moon’s Road: A road.
Lava (Floor 7)
A river of lava covers the whole floor and is actually guarded by Demiurge. Known locations include:
- Blazing Temple: Demiurge’s residence.
- River of Lava: This is an area guarded by Guren.
Wilderness (Floor 8)
This is actually Nazarick’s first line of defense, which is why it contains the most powerful NPCs. If Floor 8 falls, the chances of Nazarick falling are quite large. Victim guards it. Known locations include:
- Sephiroth: Victim’s residence.
- Cherry Blossom Sanctuary: Aureole Omega’s residence, which Uka-no-Mitama and Ootoshi guard.
Royal Suite (Floor 9)
This very urban location acts as the living quarters of the guild members and the NPCs, which is why it is quite elite. It is the location that resembles the real world the most. Known locations include:
- Round Table Room: The conference room of the Forty-One Supreme Beings.
- Bar: Owned by the Sous-chef.
- Spa Resort Nazarick: A public bathhouse that also has some private locations.
- Staff Canteen
- Manicure Salon
- Nazarick Theater: A location for plays and various other performances.
- Japanese-style Room: A Japanese room.
- Dojo: A martial arts hall.
- Water Park Nazarick: A water park.
- Courthouse: A courthouse.
- Panic Room: An emergency safe room.
- Funeral Home: A funeral home with some specific aspects.
- Harem Room: Albedo’s quarters and her principal workshop.
- Guest Room: Reserved for guests and visitors who come from outside Nazarick.
- Class Room: A classroom created by the Supreme Beings.
- Ninja Mansion: Nishikienrai’s residence.
- Quiz Room: A room where quiz shows are held.
- Yamaiko Shrine: A Shinto shrine created as a joke.
- Renner’s Personal Quarters
- Casino Resort Nazarick: A casino with slot machines, card and roulette tables.
- Yo Za Shitzu: A game room.
- Shazai Kaiken: A room for press conferences.
Throne (Floor 10)
This is basically the throne room and is guarded by Albedo. Important locations include:
- Room of the Pleiades Six Stars
- Lemegeton: A hall filled with 67 Golems and elemental traps.
- Throne Hall: Albedo’s original residence.
- Ashurbanipal: Titus Annaeus Secundus’s residence and a vast library.
The Treasury is spatially isolated from other areas, so there is a special way of entering it. Pandora’s Actor guards it. Important locations include:
- Chief Manager’s Room: Pandora’s Actor’s residence.
- Mausoleum: The vault where the World Items are being held.
And with this, we have concluded our outline of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.