While Lost Ark may not be as graphically advanced as many other AAA games, its aesthetics and style are certainly worth noting. With amazingly creative and visually appealing classes and creatures, it’s no surprise players want to snap some pics wherever possible. Thankfully, the Selfie Mode can be used to do just that, but unlocking and using it can feel tricky for many players.
The Selfie Mode in Lost Ark can only be accessed after completing the ‘Saviour’ quest, occurring early on in the main storyline. Once unlocked, players can activate Selfie Mode by clicking the camera icon below the minimap and can use designated keys to adjust the shot before snapping the picture using the PrtScn key. All images should be saved to the same location automatically.
Players can use the Lost Ark Selfie Mode feature to take some amazing gameplay pictures throughout their journey. Stick around to find out how to unlock and use the Selfie Mode feature in Lost Ark, as well as what functions this feature offers to players.
Lost Ark Selfie Mode Feature
The Lost Ark Selfie Mode feature is becoming increasingly popular amongst gamers, as it allows players to capture some incredible images of their individual Lost Ark experiences. With a game as jam-packed as Lost Ark, players will definitely want to be capturing moments to be remembered forever.
Many players have opted to use the classic Steam screenshot key to take photos of their gameplay. Windows users can use the Windows Key + Shift + S buttons simultaneously to screengrab their windows as well.
But, the downside is that this does not remove the UI element from the shot. As a result, these screenshot images do not come out as polished as one might like, perhaps requiring players to crop out elements from the image afterward to get the look they’d hoped for.
Fortunately, the Lost Ark Selfie Mode feature removes the HUD and other additional elements, some of which can even be toggled to your liking. The devs posted on Twitter, as seen below, to encourage players to use the Selfie Mode and share their creations with the community on social media.
Check out our ultimate guide for using photo mode in-game!📸— Lost Ark (@playlostark) November 6, 2021
We want to share your photos. Be sure to post your screenshots and tag @playlostark! pic.twitter.com/AaU9HSzqTf
While players cannot simply start playing Lost Ark and begin using Selfie Mode, the feature is rather easy and simple to unlock and access. We’ve outlined everything you need to know to unlock and get started on using the Selfie Mode in Lost Ark, with in-game Selfie Mode images thanks to DoubleXP and Gamer Journalist.
How To Unlock Lost Ark’s Selfie Mode
Like many of Lost Ark’s other features and activities in-game, the Selfie Mode feature is not automatically unlocked when players create a new character in-game. Players will need to grind through Lost Ark and progress through the game before the Selfie Mode feature will become useable.
Fortunately, this milestone will not take too long to reach, as the Selfie Mode feature can be unlocked fairly early in the main storyline. Players will need to progress through the main story until they reach Armen Besieged, after which they should follow the steps below:
- Finish ‘Armen Besieged’ by saving him from the bridge.
- He will hand you the ‘Saviour’ quest, a level 1 quest located in Runa Pass, and will ask you to meet him at Prideholme Cathedral.
- Follow the straightforward path on your minimap to reach the location.
- Upon arrival, you will see a crowd of spectators observing Armen perform healing miracles on an ill villager.
- Wait for a path to open up, allowing you to make your way through the crowd towards Armen.
- Speak to Armen and Father Varut, who are located at the front of the Cathedral.
- Speak to Father Varut once more to end the ‘Saviour’ quest.
After this point, the Selfie Mode feature will be unlocked in-game, ready and available for use throughout your gameplay journey.
How To Use Lost Ark’s Selfie Mode
Once the Selfie Mode feature has been unlocked in-game, players will be able to use it to capture some stunning images from within their Arkesian experience. Players can use additional Lost Ark features to make their shot more interesting, such as the game’s wide selection of fun and quirky emotes.
There are quite a few options to play around with within the Selfie Mode tab, as seen in the image below. There are even options to simulate different camera lenses to introduce effects and visual styles to your images.
Follow the steps below to access the Selfie Mode feature and use it in-game:
1. Click the small camera icon, located below the minimap on the top right-hand side of the UI. Doing so will activate the Selfie Mode in-game.
2. Pose with your character, change expressions, use emotes, and much more until you’re happy with the scene. Use the keys seen below until you’re happy with the scene and setup.
|Key||Selfie Mode Function|
|Left Mouse Button||Manipulate your character in the shot|
|Right Mouse Button||Rotate the camera|
|Scroll Wheel||Zoom in or zoom out|
|WASD||Move around the environment|
3. Toggle whether the NPCs, monsters, other players, or party members will be visible in the shot. All of these toggle settings can be adapted by heading to the Character Display Settings drop-down tab. These functions can help declutter the scene or add dimension.
4. Once you’re ready to snap your picture, press the Print Screen (PrtSc) button on your computer. This step will temporarily remove the UI elements within the shot (minus the optional watermark), making for a clean and polished-looking image. From there, the image will automatically be saved to the default folder.
How To Find Lost Ark Selfie Mode Images
Finding the images that you take with the Selfie Mode in-game is not as complex as one might think, making it rather easy and simple to experiment with the Selfie Mode feature and your created images in-game. Using the Selfie Mode will create a new folder in your main game directory by default after the first image is taken, after which all of the images will automatically be stored in the same location.
All pictures can be viewed on your system’s hard drive, and players will need to head to the drive that Steam is installed on to locate all of the images taken in Selfie Mode. From there, follow the path below to access Selfie Mode images:
All of the images taken in-game will be saved to this folder, whether you have used Selfie Mode or have simply pressed Print Screen. Players could also follow the steps below to access the images taken in Lost Ark:
- Navigate to the Steam Library.
- Right-click on ‘Lost Ark’.
- Select ‘Manage’.
- Select ‘Browse Local Files’.
- Select ‘EFGame’.
- Find the folder titled ‘Screenshots’.
- These images can also be saved to your device where applicable.
That being said, these routes will only apply if the player has obtained Lost Ark on Steam. Otherwise, the images should be accessible on your system, within the game’s Local Files.
The Lost Ark Selfie Mode feature has been an incredibly fun and simple way to snap in-game moments with friends or while taking on Arkesia’s threats solo. While it’s not complex in terms of features and tools, the Lost Ark Selfie Mode is more than enough to capture some stunning pics for social media or just for laughs and memories.