The meaning of the word “bane” is destruction or death. Arthropods are a group of a mob in Minecraft that consists of insects and bugs like bees, cave spiders, endermites, silverfish, and spiders. Now that we know the meaning of Bane and Arthropods, we will explore the title topic in detail.
Bane of Arthropods is a destructive enchanting power that enhances the damage capability of weapons in Minecraft. Bane of Arthropods has five levels of enchantment for swords and axes to kill the arthropod mob.
In this article, you will learn everything about the Bane of Arthropods. We will discuss the use and application of this enchantment. How can you get it, and what are some cool things about this enchantment?
What is the Bane of Arthropods in Minecraft?
If you want to kill the creepy crawlers in Minecraft, then Bane of Arthropod is your enchantment for swords and axes. Swords or axes enchanted with this power reduce the number of blows to kill the arthropods.
Each level of Bane of Arthropod is more powerful than the previous. Every level adds damage of 2.5 points. If level I of enchantment deals damage of 6.5 points, then level II has a damage of 9 points, and so on.
Bane of Arthropod is available in almost all the editions of Minecraft.
Editions: PC, Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition, and MAC)
What does the Bane of Arthropods do in Minecraft?
Bane of Arthropods helps to reduce the kill time for all the arthropods. From spiders to silverfish, everything gets killed in no time.
The damage dealt with each mob depends on the level of enchantment and the level of weapons used. For example, a Bane of Arthropod enchanted wooden sword at level 1 would deal lower damage than a Gold sword.
What are Arthropods in Minecraft?
Arthropods are creepy mobs inside the world of Minecraft. To understand how Bane of Arthropods can kill these crawlers, we need to look at their health points and places of origin in the game.
- Bees are neutral mobs that are harmless till bothered. Once a player tries to mess with a single bee, they attack in a swarm. They have ten health points and have poison that can reduce player health for ten to eighteen seconds.
- Cave spiders spawn in mineshafts and are highly poisonous mobs. Effects of their sting last from seven to fifteen seconds, reducing the health points drastically. Easy level of the cave spider has twelve health points.
- Endermites are smaller than a basic block in Minecraft. Being highly poisonous, Endermites can reduce two to three health points of any player. Although they are small in size, their purple particles give their location away. Ender pearls are a source of Endermites with eight health points.
- Silverfish have eight health points and are present in mountains and mansions. They are tiny beings that are hostile.
Spiders are stronger than cave spiders, with sixteen health points. They deal damage of two to four points with one sting.
How to get the Bane of Arthropods in Minecraft?
There is three-way to get the Bane of Arthropods in Minecraft.
1. Command-line:- The easiest way to get this enchantment is to use the command /enchant @p bane_of_arthropods <level>. In place of the level, use a number from 1 to 5 to get the desired level. For example, the command for level I would be /enchant @p bane_of_arthropods 1.
2. Anvil:- Use the enchanted book with the weapon for enchantment. Combine both using an Anvil, and you will get an enchanted weapon.
3. Enchanting Table:- The third method to get any weapon enchanted is time-consuming. It requires an enchanting table with bookshelves kept in a circle around it. After the setup is complete, click on the table and combine lapis lazuli with the weapon. You will get options with a list of enchantments. Choose Bane of Arthropods to get the desired level of the enchanted weapon.
Is the Bane of Arthropods a good enchantment?
Bane of arthropods is a handy power to have on a weapon if you get attacked by these hostile insects and bugs. Especially against a swarm of bees that can kill you in no time.
Advantages of Bane of Arthropods
- Handy in killing arthropods
- Five levels from 1 to 5
- Increases the level of damage with each blow
Disadvantages of Bane of Arthropods
- Incompatible with cleaving, smite, and sharpness
- Compatible only with swords and axes
Is the Bane of Arthropods better than Sharpness?
First, let us address the differences between the Bane of Arthropods and Sharpness. The Bane of Arthropods deals more damage to arthropods, while Sharpness deals extra damage to everything.
So, the Bane of Arthropods deals extra damage ‘only’ to mobs such as spiders, cave spiders, silverfish, and endermites. While on the other hand, Sharpness deals extra damage to everything, which means that Sharpness is a better enchantment than the Bane of Arthropods.
Does Bane of Arthropods give more XP?
Bane of Arthropods does give more XP, but only when killing corresponding mobs. Those mobs include spiders, cave spiders, silverfish, and endermites.