Megumi Fushiguro is one of Gojo’s students, and at that one of the strongest as well. Early on he became a prime target for the King of Curses, Sukuna. This only further shows his potential for strength that will come with time. Even with Itadori, Megumi is the strongest out of the three main students. What changed his personality the most, was the fact that he was abandoned by his parents when he was a child, this also created a drive within him for wanting to be the best. With that said, let’s take a look at the 30 best Megumi Fushiguro quotes from Jujutsu Kaisen.
1. “It’s our fault. Don’t be selfish and give up all alone. We aren’t heroes fighting for justice. We’re jujutsu sorcerers. No one can ever truly judge us … So we must continually prove the worth of our existence. And we don’t have the luxury of thinking about ourselves. We’ve just got to save people. I believe that was the original principle of your actions. So start by saving me Itadori.”
This is a scene where Megumi is talking to Itadori. He is trying to explain to him, the role of a Jujutsu sorcerer and how they will not be able to save everyone.
2. “I’ll see you later. Sorry, Itadori. Hey! You piece of crap! I’ll be the first to pass on. Good Luck.”
In this scene, Megumi was on the run from Haruta Shigemo. He later decided that he needs to summon Mahoraga, but this shikigami is very strong and no has been able to tame it yet.
3. “Do you know what the bare minimum requirement is for human interaction? “I will not kill you … So please do not kill me.” You can replace “kill” with anything else. Basically, you shouldn’t cross any line that violates another person’s dignity. You should acknowledge each other’s existence. That’s the rule. You ignored it and fed your stupid ego and treated it like a nuisance.”
Megumi is a character that always cared for justice and everyone is treated as equally as possible, so this is him further showing his beliefs. Specifically describing how one should not cross someone’s personal dignity.
4. “Never mind! Bring forth the deepest shadows … and don’t worry about the exact form for now. Just push it forward from your cursed energy … Here we go!! Domain Expansion!”
This was a very crucial moment for Megumi, where he unlocked his Domain Expansion. Furthermore, this speaks to his abilities and makes him one of the strongest characters in the Jujutsu Kaisen universe.
5. “I’ll kill you if you die again!”
After everyone thought that Itadori was killed, he and Gojo surprised everyone by revealing that his in fact alive and well. Megumi said this while in tears, after the reveal.
6. “I don’t care if I’m right or wrong. I only believe in my conscience. I will follow my conscience and save people. If you disagree with that then … let’s agree to curse each other!”
Megumi realized that if he tried to question the outcomes of his decisions, every time he would be in a never-ending loop, searching for meaning where there is none. This way he finds the best way to follow his conscience and go off of instinct, and finally to trust himself to do the best he can at the moment.
7. “I will become stronger. I’ll do anything it takes.”
This was a quote that showed his determination to work to be a better and stronger Jujutsu sorcerer.
8. “I didn’t save you because it was the logical thing to do. I didn’t want to see a good person no matter how dangerous die. I did have to think about it. In the end. It was a selfish, emotional decision. But that’s okay. I’m not a hero. I’m a jujutsu sorcerer. That’s why I never regretted saving you. Not even for a moment.”
In this scene, where Megumi was fighting Sukuna, trying to keep Itadori alive. Since Sukuna was holding Itadori hostage, but after some time Megumi realized that he has to let Itadori die, because he lost control over Sukuna.
9. “If only more good people could receive fairness. I’ll save people whether or not it’s fair!”
Another one of his quotes is where we can see his determination and beliefs, and this one centers around equality, where he believes that everyone should have a chance to be saved.
10. “Itadori will return. Even if it means his death. He’s that kind of guy.”
This quote shows us that Megumi really respects Itadori, and thinks very highly of him.
11. “If things go wrong … It’s my responsibility to finish him.”
After the incident at Itadori’s high school, where he swallowed Sukuna’s finger and became completely sucked into the world of curses and Jujutsu sorcerers, Megumi felt partial responsibility for the events that unraveled. Not only that, but Itadori came to help him even though he did not know what he was getting into.
12. “He’s not even worth saving alive. Why would I save his dead body?”
This scene in which Megumi says he doesn’t believe that prisoners that did horrible things to others do not deserve to be saved. This happened after they were called to a mission where a special grade curse was spread throughout a prison.
13. “Even if he is a potential vessel he must be executed under Jujutsu regulations. But I don’t want to let him die.”
Megumi asks his mentor Gojo to help Itadori from getting executed since he believed he deserved to be saved.
14. “Don’t move! You’re no longer human. Under Jujutsu regulations I will exorcise the curse known as … Yuji Itadori!”
After Itadori has eaten Sukuna’s finger, Megumi did not know whether or not he will be able to control Sukuna’s presence.
15. “Divine Dogs…. Go and Feast!”
This was the order he gave to his Shikigami wolves to go after the remains of a curse he killed.
16. „But what are you going to do when someone you saved kills someone else in the future?“
This was a quote said during an argument during the prison mission, and where Megumi tries to show his side to Itadori. How can someone save a person capable of harming another person later on, in this case, prisoners who have already done that.
17. „I’m going to help people unequally“
Furthermore on the topic of Megumi’s belief that everyone should have an equal chance of being saved by a Jujutsu sorcerer.
18. „I want more good people to enjoy fairness, even if only a few.“
Even though Jujutsu sorcerers are a minority, and people die at the hands of curses every day, Megumi still believes that helping a small number of people is meaningful.
19. „I have no intention of risking my own life to save someone I had no intention of saving in the first place.“
This is another reference to the prison scene, where Megumi shows that he never had the intention to help the prisoners who were held captive.
20. „It’s not about whether I can. I have to do it.“
every Jujutsu sorcerer has to pass the test before having the chance to enter the academy. We could say that this is one of many hints as to what Megumi’s answer would have been while he was being examined.
21. „She always smiled and spouted pretty ideals.
Here, Megumi is referencing his older step-sister who had been cursed and fell into a coma.
22. „I shouldn’t try too hard to find logic in a cursed spirit’s behavioral patterns“
It is clear how curses choose their victims, the easiest victims of course being people holding very negative feelings of insecurity or having some difficult life circumstance that makes them more vulnerable. Megumi is talking about how after they choose their victim if it is a curse that is somewhat intelligent it’s hard to understand their decision-making process.
23. „That just proves how small a minority jujutsu sorcerers are“
This quote is referring to a conversation between Itadori and Megumi, and this is where Megumi is explaining the harsh reality of how few actual Jujutsu sorcerers there are.
24. „Spit out the entire depths of my shadow…“
Here, Megumi is referring to his power of creating Shikigami from his shadow.
25. „Imagine a future version of myself who’s freely surpassed my limits!“
This is a scene where Megumi motivates himself to work harder toward his future self.
26. „Apparently, I had been sold to that Zen’in clan“
This is referring to Megumi’s difficult past, in which, when he was young he was sold off to the Zen’in clan.
27. „When Sukuna manifested in Itadori, it released its cursed energy“
This quote is simply referring to when Megumi was explaining how when Itadori swallowed Sukuna’s finger cursed energy manifested in him.
28. „Then they view the act of forgiveness as a noble thing“
In this scene, Megumi is talking about how certain people categorized as good people, will forgive a bad person, in Megumi’s mind this is them just acting high and all-mighty.
29. „Don’t act like you’re my guardian“
Megumi said this to his older step-sister Tsumiki.
30. „Tsumiki is a model of a good person“
He believes that his older sister is a good person, but because of this, she got hurt in the end.