Like a lot of the other great open-world games that came before it, Elden Ring continues to amaze us by updating the game and adding more and more quests. One such quest that you might be interested in is the Jar Bairn quest, which was just recently added to the game when the newest update came out. So, where is the Jar Bairn quest located, and how do you complete this quest in Elden Ring?
The Jar Bairn quest can be initiated when you go to Jarburg, which can be found in an area that’s southeast of the walls of the Carian Study Hall in Liurnia of the Lakes. Completing the quest requires that you interact with Jar Bairn and Diallos while repeatedly reloading the area where they are.
This new quest that was added to Elden Ring isn’t necessarily the best quest, but it still is a good quest that will allow you to see the conclusion of the jar people’s story in the game. Of course, there are also good loots that you can get from this new quest. That said, let’s take a look at where Jar Bairn is and how you can complete this quest.
Where Is Jar Bairn Located?
Elden Ring is similar to any other open-world RPG in the sense that this game is full of different NPCs that you can interact with so that you can take on their quests. In that regard, one of the NPCs recently added to the game is Jar Bairn, who adds to the entire jar questline that’s connected to the larger Alexander questline, which also involves Diallos.
Jar Bairn is actually one of the newest characters in the game, as he was just only added after the recent 1.03 update of Elden Ring. So, in that regard, where can you find Jar Bairn, and how do you initiate his quest?
You can find Jar Bairn in a place called Jarburg. This is a village where only jar people live. Jarburg can be found in an area just southeast of the walls of the Carian Study Hall in Liurnia of the Lake.
The best way to get to this area is to go to the Gate Town Bridge Site of Grace just southeast of the Raya Lucaria Academy. After that, you can use the slope to the northern area while riding on your horse. You should cross the cliff that’s over at the east, just south of the study hall. There should be a few cliffs that will allow you to move down to Jarburg. Of course, if you haven’t beaten the Tibia Mariner boss in the area before Jarburg, you can avoid him entirely, but we recommend defeating him because he isn’t much of a challenge.
Once you’ve climbed down from the cliffs, you should be able to see a Site of Grace. You are now in Jarburg. From there, you have to find Jar Bairn on the north side of the village. You can find him sitting in front of a stone house. You can talk to him so that you can initiate his quest.
How To Complete Jar Bairn Quest?
If you want to complete Jar Bairn’s quest, there are a few things that you need to do. However, you need to exhaust Jar Bairn’s quest first to get to the point where you can accept his quest. From there, you need to do a few things that are interconnected to his quest.
Progress through Diallos’ questline
First off, it is important that you should have progressed through Diallos’ questline up to the point where you have already defeated Juno Hoslow. From there, Diallos should already be in Jarburg, and that means that Jar Bairn’s quest is a late-game quest.
To progress through Diallos’ quest, here are the things you need to do:
- Find Diallos in the Roundtable Hold, where he will talk about his missing companion.
- Go to Liurnia of the Lakes just near the Academy Gate Town. You will find Diallos mourning over his friend’s corpse. Exhaust his dialogue here.
- Diallos will move back to the Roundtable Hold. Exhaust his dialogue in the hold again, and he will move to the Volcano Manor.
- Complete some of the letter quests in Volcano Manor and speak to Diallos every single time you complete a letter quest. After you defeat Juno Hoslow through one of the letter quests, Diallos will now be in Jarburg.
Talk to Jar Bairn and Diallos
Go back to Jarburg and speak to Jar-Bairn. He should be mentioning something about Diallos’s arrival at Jarburg. You should look for Diallos inside one of the houses and then exhaust his dialogue.
Reload the area by fast-traveling to the Site of Grace. Go talk to Jar Bairn and Diallos. Do this a few times until you get a new dialogue. If you must, you can reset the area again by traveling to the Site of Grace. You should also pass at least one night in the Site of Grace after receiving a new dialogue from both Jar Bairn and Diallos.
After resting one night, Jar Bairn will move to the pathway. Speak to him and then to Diallos. Reload the area once again to find Jar Bairn at the location where Diallos is. Speak to both of them again.
At this point, you should have completed Alexander’s questline to complete the entire Jar Bairn quest. The problem is that Alexander’s quest is quite long and will take up some time. But we will try to outline the quest.
Complete Alexander’s Questline
Alexander’s questline is actually quite long and will require you to be strong enough to complete it because you have to be able to get to certain places that you can only get to once you’re already in the latter stages of the game.
Here’s a quick outline of Alexander’s questline:
- Look for Iron Fist Alexander in Stormhill just east of Stormveil Castle. You can find him near an enemy camp just close to the end of a bridge that leads to Caelid. He will be stuck in a ditch and will ask you to hit him so that he will be able to get himself free.
- From there, Alexander can be found in Caelid, specifically in Gael Tunnel. You can find him in the rear entrance that leads to Limgrave. However, you need to enter from the main entrance in Caelid. Clear the dungeon and then open the locked door so that you can find Alexander. Exhaust his dialogue.
- Alexander will be one of the NPCs that will join the battle against Starscourge Radahn in Redmane Castle. You can talk to him there, but he will be there regardless of whether or not you completed the first two steps. He will also be one of the NPCs you can summon against the great demigod.
- Defeat Radahn and rest at the Site of Grace there. You will find Alexander nearby. Again, exhaust his dialogue so that he will move to a new location.
- At this point, you need to be able to have an oil pot item, which you can craft if you have the Nomadic Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook  obtained from the Nomadic Merchant in the Siofra River underground region.
- After that, Alexander will now be on a cliff overlooking Jarburg, which is his hometown. He will be stuck in the ground, and that’s where the oil pot will be useful to get him out of the ditch. After that, attack him with a charged heavy weapon to help him out of the ditch.
- Exhaust his dialogue once more so that he will move to Mt. Gelmir, where he went so that he could strengthen himself by baking his clay exterior in the lava of the volcano.
- In Mt. Gelmir, you’ll be able to find Alexander in the Seethewater Terminus Site of Grace. This area can be a bit too complicated to reach. But you’ll be able to reach it if you know how to reach Primeval Sorcerer Azur’s location. Of course, you need to defeat the Demihuman Queen first to get to this area.
- When you have reached Seethewater Terminus, a Magma Wyrm boss will be in your way. You have to defeat it to get to Alexander. This Magma Wyrm should be a slightly stronger version of the one you can fight in Gael Tunnel.
- After defeating the boss, walk on the magma while taking minimal damage. You will be able to find Alexander on a large island. Talk to the jar to accept his gift. He will remain in this area until the point where you defeat the Fire Giant at the Mountaintops of the Giants. You’ll be able to summon him against the Fire Giant as an NPC cooperator.
- Alexander will now be in the Crumbling Farum Azula Legacy Dungeon. He will request a duel to the death with you. Of course, you have to accept the duel to complete the questline.
- After defeating Alexander, he will give you a Warrior Jar Shard, which is an item that will strengthen your Ashes of War. You will also get his innards as well.
- Go back to Jar Bairn in Jarburg and hand him Alexander’s innards. Reload the area by going to the Site of Grace. Jar Bairn will. They will give you the Companion Jar talisman as a reward, which raises the potency of throwing pots, and this marks the end of the entire jar questline.