When Pokémon Go first emerged, it became a global hit without precedent. The video game provided players with a unique experience, allowing them to come as close as possible to becoming Ash Ketchum in real time. And while the game has certainly evolved over the years, some questions keep “bothering” players regardless of when they joined the universe of Pokémon Go. One of the questions concerns the game’s leveling system, as many players wonder whether there are ways to level up fast(er) in Pokémon Go. In this article, we will provide you with an answer to that question and some advice on how to do it.
How long does it take to get level 50 in Pokémon Go?
As fans of Pokémon Go will know, the initial level cap in the game was 40, and players would work their butts off to actually reach that level. At the same time, it wasn’t hard, as you simply had to grind experience. It required a lot of work and dedication, as grinding experience in Pokémon Go is not easy, especially when the next cap is in millions of EXP, and you always start from 0.
But, to increase the playability, the authors decided to increase the cap in the game from 40 to 50, giving the players more space but also more tasks, especially since all 40+ levels required the completion of some additional tasks, aside from simply grinding millions of EXP points. So, how does this journey look? Well, from levels 1 to 40, the situation is relatively easy:
|Level||Experience required||Total experience|
But, when we’re talking about levels from 41 to 50, there is a lot of work to put in:
|Level||XP required||Confirmed challenges|
|41||6,000,000||Power up a Legendary Pokémon 20 times|
Win 30 Raids
Catch 200 Pokémon in a single day
Earn 5 Gold Medals
|42||7,500,000||Evolve Eevee into each of its unique evolutions|
Use items to evolve Pokémon 15 times
Make 3 Excellent Throws
Use 200 Berries to help catch Pokémon
|43||9,000,000||Earn 100,000 Stardust|
Use 200 supereffective Charged Attacks
Catch 5 Legendary Pokémon
Earn 5 Platinum Medals
|44||11,000,000||Win 30 Trainer Battles in the Great League|
Win 30 Trainer Battles in the Ultra League
Win 30 Trainer Battles in the Master League
Battle in the Go Battle League 20 times
|45||13,000,000||Defeat 100 Team Go Rocket Grunts|
Purify 100 Shadow Pokémon
Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 50 times
Earn 10 Platinum Medals
|46||15,500,000||Complete 100 Field Research tasks|
Take a snapshot of a Pokémon 7 days in a row
Make 50 Excellent Throws
Hatch 30 Eggs
|47||18,000,000||Win 30 raids using a team of all unique Pokémon species|
Win a three-star raid using only Pokémon with 1500 CP or less
Power up 3 Pokémon to their max CP
Earn 20 Platinum Medals
|48||21,000,000||Make ten trades with Pokémon caught at least 300km apart|
Obtain 50 Lucky Pokémon in trades
Send 500 Gifts in friends
Earn 35 Platinum Medals
|49||25,000,000||Make ten trades with Pokémon caught at least 300km apart|
Obtain 50 Lucky Pokémon in trades
Send 500 Gifts to friends
Earn 35 Platinum Medals
|50||30,000,000||Make 999 Excellent Throws|
Successfully catch at least one of the next 5 Legendary or Mythical Pokémon you encounter
Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 3 times using only Pokemon with 2,500 CP or less
Achieve rank 10 in the Go Battle League
So, how long does all of this take? Well, up to level 40, it all depends on how much you play the game, but after level 40, there are also some tasks you need to complete, so there are temporal restrictions. If you’re not cheating, we assume that it will take you several years of playing actively before reaching the current level cap in
How to level up fast(er) in Pokémon Go?
Now, while we all know that there are illegal (cheating) ways of grinding your experience in Pokémon Go, we on Fiction Horizon do not endorse this in any way, which is why this guide will contain the best legal advice for players who do not want to cheat and want to reach level 50 using legal methods only.
The best advice we can give you is – to play actively and on a daily basis, because if you do that, the levels will come. But if you want to reach certain levels faster while playing on a daily basis, here is what you can do:
- The most important source of getting Experience Points in the game is catching the Pokemon. This means that in whichever way you choose to play, ensure you catch it by all means. Practice and become good at making Excellent Throws, as they award the highest number of XP. If you get very good at making Excellent Throws, the XP keeps adding up and increasing massively.
- To land Excellent Throws easily, you can use the AR Plus feature to be near Pokemon. Playing this game so well that you keep landing Excellent Throws awards you the Expert Handler bonus. The Expert Handler bonus is a catchy bonus that comes with a base reward of 300 XP.
- You can also use Pokemon Go friends, as they greatly maximize your XP gain. If you can get to Best Friend status with another player, you can earn as much as 100,000 XP. You can earn up to 50,000 XP from just one friend, leveling up fast in Pokemon Go. Add everyone you know to your friend’s list and give them items. If you aim for the Best Friend status with just one person, attaining it will take about 90 days.
- Another step you can take in leveling up fast is by using the Lucky Eggs feature. This feature is perfect for you if you can time the Best Friend status and use the Lucky Eggs before it. Doing it that way allows you to earn up to 200,000 XP. You can use the rest of the Lucky Eggs to evolve Pokemon. Evolving a Pokemon one after another at the same time a Lucky Egg multiplier is active is a very cool method to garner XP fast. You can try out this step by yourself and at your convenience.
- You can also start raiding for lots of XP. This method is not very popular because raiding implies you have to be much more focused when playing the game. If you hit 5-star raids and win, you will earn 10,000 XP. This amount can double and increase up to 20,000 XP when there’s a Lucky Egg.
- You can also try to get a Pokemon Go daily bonus and time Hatching Eggs, with a Lucky Egg allowing you to earn more XP.
- Also, watch out for in-game events and bonuses, as a lot of daily, weekly, or even seasonal events give you significant EXP boosts.
And that’s it from us. We hope that the advice we have given you here will help you enjoy the game more and also reach level 50 a bit faster.
Have something to add? Let us know in the comments below!