It’s a given fact that Elden Ring is a challenging game that’s going to give some players fits because of how difficult it can get. But the good news is that something called the Spirit Ash Summon is going to make the game easier because you’ll be able to summon a spirit companion that can help you in a fight. Arguably the best spirit summon you can get is the Mimic Tear. But where can you find the Mimic Tear, and how do you get it?
The Mimic Tear is a Spirit Ash Summon that can create a copy of your Tarnished to aid you in battle. You can find the Mimic Tear in Nokron, Eternal City, after opening a sealed fog door. After opening that door, you will be able to find the Mimic Tear Ash Summon inside a chest in that room.
Unlike other Spirit Ash Summons, the Mimic Tear creates an exact copy of your character, and that makes it so useful, especially if you have a strong Tarnished with great equipment. That said, getting this Spirit Ash Summon isn’t the easiest. But the good news for you is that we will guide you on your way to getting arguably the best Spirit Ash Summon Elden Ring has to offer.
What Is Mimic Tear?
The one thing that a true FromSoftware game should have is its challenging gameplay. That holds true for Elden Ring, which is a pretty challenging open-world RPG that should be able to provide you with dozens of hours of satisfying boss fights. And that’s why Elden Ring has become one of the most popular games today.
That said, despite the fact that Elden Ring is supposed to be very challenging, there are some things that you can do to make the game a tad easier. This is where the Mimic Tear will come in handy, as it is an item that can actually help make the game easier, regardless of what your style in Elden Ring is. But what is Mimic Tear?
Mimic Tear is actually a Spirit Ash Summon that you can summon in places that will allow you to make use of your Spirit Ash Summons. For those who don’t know, Spirit Ash Summons are companion spirits that you can summon to aid you in battle. You will be given Wolf Summons early on in the game, but the Mimic Tear trumps any other Spirit Ash Summon in Elden Ring.
What Does Mimic Tear Do?
The Mimic Tear is quite arguably the best Spirit Ash Summon because of the fact that it can summon a copy of your Tarnished. While other Spirit Ash Summons are able to summon fixed-type monsters that can still be useful in battle, the Mimic Tear essentially creates a second version of your Tarnished.
In that regard, having the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash Summon will be very useful in a lot of different situations. In some cases, the Mimic Tear can spell the difference between life and death when it comes to some of the strongest bosses the game has to offer. This is why those who want to play Elden Ring seriously should try to acquire the Mimic Tear as early as possible.
Mimic Tear Location In Elden Ring
The Mimic Tear is a Spirit Ash Summon that is optional in the sense that you won’t be able to acquire it unless you actually try to find it. That means that it can only be found if you make an effort to find it, and that’s not something we can say about other Spirit Ash Summons, which are easy enough to find, even if you’re not actually trying to find them.
If you want to find the Mimic Tear, the only place you can find it is in Nokron, Eternal City. This is a secret area in Elden Ring that can only be accessed if you are able to defeat an optional boss because defeating that boss will trigger an event that will allow you to go to Nokron.
How To Get Mimic Tear?
To get the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash Summon, here are the important things that you need to do:
- Open up the pathway to Nokron by defeating the Starscourge Radahn in Caelid, which can be found east of the map. This is the most important step to get the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash Summon because you won’t be able to get to Nokron if you don’t defeat this boss.
- After defeating the abovementioned boss, there will be a hole that will open up the Fort Haight West Site of Grace in Limgrave. This will be the place that you can use to enter Nokron, Eternal City. Simply step into the hole where you can see floating rocks.
- When you’re already inside Nokron, go to the Night’s Sacred Ground in the area.
- But the problem here is that you have to defeat the Mimic Tear boss that will allow you to go to the Ancestral Woods Site of Grace. It is best to remove your equipment before passing through the mist so that the Mimic Tear will be easy to defeat. Simply equip them again after entering the mist.
- And it’s important that you have a Stonesword Key in your inventory because you will need to open the door that leads to the place where you can get the Mimic Tear.
- There will be an enemy that should be waiting inside the room where the chest is located. It’s going to be an easy enemy to defeat, and you shouldn’t have any problems killing it in a matter of seconds.
- From there, all you need to do is to open the chest so that you can acquire the Mimic Tear Ash Summon. The only part that’s difficult here is defeating Starscourge Radahn. But once you already have that covered, everything else will be very easy to do.
Why Is Mimic Summon So Strong In Elden Ring?
The reason why the Mimic Tear is so strong is that this Spirit Ash Summon will mimic whatever your Tarnished. That means that whatever you have equipped will also be mimicked by the Mimic Tear.
Of course, the best part is that the Mimic Tear copy can also use flasks and Great Runes. This means that you essentially have an NPC AI companion aiding you against any enemy that will allow you to summon the Mimic Tear.
Another good thing about the Mimic Tear is that, unlike other Spirit Ash Summons, it doesn’t use FP. Instead, it will consume 660 HP. That means that you only need to recover your lost HP using a flask. You can save your FP for the actual boss battle. Of course, characters with high HP won’t be able to notice the HP required to summon the Mimic Tear.