Lost Ark boasts quite a few classic MMORPG classes, but also features some new and uniquely stylish classes for players to enjoy throughout their gaming journey. The Scrapper class is one of these special types, specializing in a range of powerful punches. But, leveling up the Scrapper class can be fairly slow in the earlier stages of the game.
Scrapper Class Overview
The Scrapper is an advanced class within the Martial Artist melee main class and would be an excellent choice for any player who loves epic combo moves and classic hands-on combat. She is equipped with two massive gauntlets, specializes in DPS and burst damage, and her skill set is comprised of various punch attacks.
As a result, the Scrapper class isn’t as diverse as many other classes – there are no special total body maneuvers, gravity-defying acrobatics, or grapples – only punches. Although, each of her punch attacks has its own style and can deal massive damage, making her perfect for any player who wants to literally pummel their evil enemies to death.
While she may be more squishy compared to some of the defensive or tanky classes, she can still hold her own fairly well as you level up. Create two setups for you to switch between as you level up (such as one for PvP and one for PvE), and try to create a build for Chaos Dungeons and Cube as well as a build for Raids after you hit level 50.
The Scrapper inflicts hard-hitting melee punches during battle, which makes for a really exciting gameplay experience for those who love Lost Ark‘s combat mechanics. In addition, she is also seen as a beginner-friendly class as she is fairly simple and easy to use.
This class does lack AoE damage and skills during the early stages, but she becomes deadly as you near the endgame – not to mention the fact that she can boost the entire party’s damage as well. Her single target attacks can do wonders with the right build, skill setup, approaches, and playstyles.
She offers impairment skills that can disrupt or stagger enemies, which are extremely useful for monsters and bosses that can inflict some serious damage to players. The Scrapper is also a high mobility class – in fact, one of the highest mobility classes in Lost Ark to date.
Scrapper Identity Skill
The Scrapper’s Stamina and Shock Identity allows her to use attacks while switching between two alternating forces of energy. Stamina skills will consume stamina and generate shock, while Shock skills will consume shock and generate stamina.
In this sense, her Identity can result in a never-ending series of lethal punch attacks. A great aspect of the Scrapper’s Identity is that it encourages players to experiment with different playstyles throughout each battle.
- Stamina Skills (Yellow): Primarily involve rapid and multi-hit back attacks.
- Shock Skills (Green): Involves both back and frontal attacks that have longer animations for massive bursts of damge in a single blow.
This blend of attacks will allow plenty of room for flexibility in battle. But, players will need to know which skills to use depending on their positioning throughout each encounter.
The most challenging aspect of the Scrapper is getting the hang of her Identity and understanding how these two energies affect each other, as you could end up running out of both energies if you’re not watching closely. Players choosing the Scrapper will need to learn how to manage the shock and stamina resources efficiently to ensure consistent damage and skill availability or rotation.
Scrapper Awakening Skills
It will take some time and solid Lost Ark grinding before you can unlock the Scrapper’s Awakening skills. You will first need to complete the Main Questline until you reach Vern city, after which you will meet Beatrice who will ask you to visit her in Trixion.
Below are the Scrapper’s Awakening Skills:
- Undefeated Dragon King: This awakening skill involves a massive AoE attack that inflicts catastrophic damage while you speed toward the target.
- Mysterious Art: Blast of Ruination: This awakening skill is a large AoE attack that knocks enemies back, dealing damage depending on how close or how far the enemies are from the shockwave.
Scrapper Leveling Guide
Leveling up the Scrapper class can be challenging at earlier levels, as her inability to take on mobs and enemies using AoE damage can slow her down. But, she gains some crazy damage skills after you hit level 30, which will help clear out large groups of enemies and bosses much more quickly.
Gear & Combat Stats
Focus on equipping the highest item level gear possible throughout the leveling process. Players could also focus on Swiftness for even more movement speed, as well as reduced casting time and faster skill cooldowns.
Prioritize the Crit and Specialization Combat Stats, as this will increase the Scrapper’s overall damage and clear speed. Since the Scrapper class will take longer to clear out mobs at lower levels, these stats will be crucial for increasing the speed of the entire leveling process.
Best Class Engravings
Unlocking the Scrapper Class Engravings will take some time and gameplay, but they’ll be incredibly valuable in the endgame. Below are the Scrapper Class Engravings as well as their uses:
Ultimate Skill: Taijutsu
This class engraving is more suited to players going for a fast-paced playstyle in battle, topped with lots of button mashing and huge mobility. You can spam abilities thanks to having low cooldowns and, while there is a cost for Shock skills, knowing the Scrapper’s skills and when to use them will allow you to absolutely demolish opponents with this setup.
- Increase the speed of Stamina Energy recovery by 600%.
- Stamina skill damage is increased by 60%.
- Shock skill damage is decreased by 30%.
This class engraving focuses on burst damage and hard-hitting abilities with longer cooldowns. This setup is more recommended for newer players who are still getting the hang of the Scrapper’s Identity, Energies, and playstyle.
- Shock skill damage is increased by 20%.
- 4% of max Shock Energy is restored every second.
Generic Engravings can be acquired from Engraving Books, or from items such as necklaces, rings, or earrings. The Scrapper’s most suitable generic Engravings will depend on your playstyle as all of them may have certain pros and cons.
Below are the most notable generic Engravings (lv. 3) for the Scrapper, which are useful for either class engraving build:
- Master of Ambush: Successsful back attacks +30% damage.
- Grudge: Increases incoming and outgoing damage, but negative effects are flat accross all levels. This engraving is only really worth it at lv. 3 as a result.
- Spirit Absorption: Shock skill damage +20%, and 4% of max Shock Energy is recovered every second.
- Cursed Doll: Atk. +16% while Healing -25% (excluding natural recovery).
- Adrenaline: After using skills (excluding Movement Skills and Basic Attack), Atk. +1% for 6s, stacking up to 6 times, and Crit Rate +15% when the max stack is reached.
- Keen Blunt Weapon: Crit Damage +50%, but normal attacks have the chance to deal -20% damage. Considering the high crit damage, it can still result in more damage overall.
Continue The Main Story
Continuing the Main Questline will be the best way to get levels as quickly as possible in Lost Ark. You will have to face a ton of enemies and mobs along the way, which will reward you with some great XP.
In addition to the XP gained from enemy encounters, players can expect to receive some bonus XP for each quest after it’s completed. Completing the Main Questline is also vital for unlocking the Scrapper’s most powerful skills, as well as gaining access to some awesome in-game activities.
Skill Point Allocation
Allocate Skill Points to gain Tripods for the Scrapper most effective skills, depending on where you’re at in the game. You’ll be able to switch out skills as needed based on the needs of the encounter or the needs of your team.
Below are the most notable Skill Tripods for the Scrapper class:
- Level 12: Charging Blow and Dragon Advent (4 points each) for extra dash range with Excellent Mobility.
- Level 14: Death Rattle (4 points) helps against Bosses and small monster packs.
- Level 16: Earthquake Chain (20 points) for AoE clearing.
- Level 20: Chain Destruction Fist (20 points) for Bosses and AoE clearing.
- Level 26: Earthquake Chain (48 points) completely obliterates any monster packs.
- Level 28: True Rising Fist (4 points) for grouping and AoE clearing.
- Level 32: Chain Destruction Fist (48 points) for Bosses and AoE clearing.
- Level 40: True Rising Fist (48 points) for Bosses and AoE clearing.
- Level 45: Death Rattle (48 points) provides incredible damage against Bosses.
- Level 50: Roundup Sweep (48 points) is good for cleaning up leftover stragglers.
Any extra Skill Points can be used on any low cooldown skills, as this will further aid the Scrapper’s overall clear speed. Remember to reallocate these points to main skills where needed.
Prioritize Scrapper AoE Abilities
Since the Scrapper class is purely melee-focused, taking on groups of enemies can be challenging or slow at earlier levels. However, there are a couple of things you can do to speed up the process.
Make sure to prioritize her AoE abilities from level 20 onwards. Once you hit level 30, you’ll be able to start using her high damage abilities for a faster leveling experience.
When you take on groups of enemies before level 30, try to place yourself in-between the monsters or even allow them to surround you where possible. Doing this will allow you to inflict damage to all of the enemies at once for a faster clear speed, especially with the following skills:
- Chain of Destruction
- True Rising Fist
- Earthquake Chain
Scrapper Gameplay Tips
Although every player’s experience with the Scrapper will differ depending on build, setup, and preferred playstyle, there are a few fundamental aspects to consider overall.
Mobility With Scrapper
While the Scrapper deals some great damage and has good movement speed, making her even faster will help you clear out the earlier levels as soon as possible. Use Charging Blow and Dragon Advent to speed up travel time, following up with a double Spacebar dash after either skill.
Bosses With Scrapper
Resist the temptation to initiate Boss encounters with Death Rattle at the beginning, as this will cause challenges regenerating the Shock meter. Cast other Shock skills first, rebuild the Shock meter with Stamina skills, and then unleash the cataclysmic Death Rattle.
Playing Lost Ark with the Scrapper class is undeniably fun throughout, as while she doesn’t offer much more than vicious fists, she is still diverse in her own way. She can disrupt enemy strategies, offers excellent buffs, and much more, making her valuable in just about any Lost Ark scenario.