20 Best Naruto Games in 2023, Ranked
Naruto is a global phenomenon, and it is one of the best anime series ever released. The first time I came across Naruto, I got struck by the show’s brilliance, and when I realized that these fantastic anime have games too, I was over the moon. The world took this excellent manga series with great love, which resulted in making its games. Several Naruto games got released over time. And most of them are very challenging and exciting—the anime-inspired extensive range of Naruto video games that became world-famous.
Naruto games have evolved a new interest in anime-based titles. Naruto is a big franchise, it has manga, anime, video games, and I don’t think there is someone present who hasn’t heard about Naruto once in their life. A staggering amount of video games developed for Naruto fans over the years. Some of them were very thrilling, but some had their issues because they had some old features that were archaic in this ever-emerging technology world.
To know which games are worth the hype, I have made a list of the 20 best Naruto games in Naruto history for you to look at and see which one is your favorite and which one you didn’t like playing. So let us move further to satiate our Naruto curiosity.
List of Best Naruto Games
Naruto games are very addicting, and you will become so engrossed in them that you would want to play more Naruto games. So, I have saved you the hassle and put all the hooking Naruto games together for you, and so let’s dive into the best Naruto games ever. The Naruto games are ranked from least to best, so stick till the end because it is worth it.
20. Naruto: Path Of The Ninja
Genre: Role-playing video game.
Initial Release Date: 22nd July 2004
The gameplay follows the anime storyline up to the end of the Chunin Exams arc when Sukaka becomes the final boss. Naruto: Path Of The Ninja game is not about fighting, but it is a JRPG that was highly successful in North America and Japan.
In this game, you can select from six available characters, and then players explore a hidden village in the world of Naruto. The players wander freely in forests, mountains, rivers, and fields to gather resources and find different hints. While roaming, the players come across other bosses and enemies, and you have to fight with them using special abilities. The techniques you choose should be powerful enough to defeat your nemesis, or otherwise, you will lose the challenge.
- The game offers six playable characters.
- The game has unique time-based combat.
- The game has excellent emphasizing tactics and strategy.
- The graphics are stiff and solid.
- Follow old stories, no fresh material.
19. Naruto Powerful Shippuden
Genre: Action/Adventure game
Initial release date: 29th November 2012
It is an easy-to-pick-and-play game for all ages and has a tremendous comical character style. This game was exclusively made for Nintendos 3DS and focused on cutesy presentation.
Naruto Powerful Shippuden, based on spin-off Naruto anime known as Naruto 3D, has heavy elements and humorous interactions between the cast. The gameplay of Naruto Powerful Shippuden follows the manga storyline and splits between Naruto Uzumaki and fan-favorite Rock Lee. At first, you can choose to play any of them, but later, you will realize that you have to play both to pass specific challenges. As you move along the map, you will find locked missions, and to play them, you will need keys. To obtain the keys, you have to pass some other challenges.
- The Game Offers Two Stories To Play.
- The Game Has Two Modes; Story Mode And Endless Battle Mode.
- Anime-Inspired Animation.
- Hard Action Gameplay.
- The game lacks a multiplayer mode.
- No variety in the character’s design.
18. Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Vs. Sasuke
Genre: Action game.
Initial release date: July 2008
The next game on our list of best Naruto games is Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Vs. Sasuke. Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Vs. Sasuke covers the second season of Shippuden. Team 7 has a mission to gather information from a spy to know the location of Sasuke. After Kakashi’s injury, Naruto and Sasuke get a new leader, Yamato. The gameplay is based on anime.
The game story shows static screenshots and animation performed at a basic level. This game is about jumping and fighting; you have to get one point to another, during which you have to pass hurdles like spikes and enemy ninja. The game offers three characters, and you can switch between these three. You find ranged weapons as you go up the levels and collect them to use while in combat.
- It follows the fantastic Naruto anime storyline.
- You get to switch characters and build a squad.
- Recreation of Naruto battles.
- A small collection of modes.
- Mediocre audio service.
- It does not offer any addictive appeal.
17. Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja
Genre: Fighting/Adventure/Action/Role-playing game.
Initial release date: 30th October 2007
In this game, you guide Naruto in his ninja training and help him rise to power. This famous anime game was made available for Xbox 360.
Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja has many characters for you to choose from in the game. There is Naruto with Shadow Clone Jutsu technique, Kakashi has a method of Lightning Blade, Kiba offers the practice of Fang Over Fang, and Sakura has the method of Chakra Control Polm Healing. So it is up to you to select your character and fight to win. In this game, you experience how Naruto grew up and immerse yourself in the fantastic Naruto universe.
- The gameplay follows the anime storyline.
- The audio is impressive.
- Variety of gameplay.
- Not had enough challenges to offer.
- Multiplayer is limited.
16. Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles
Genre: Action game.
Initial release date: 26th November 2009
This game, too, follows the storyline of anime. The game is interesting because you have to kill five elemental dragons before Kuroma, also known as giblet-head, uses them to destroy the world. The game has some shortcomings, but its story is excellent.
The incredible thing about this gameplay is that it offers to slay giant fire-breathing dragons that set on taking revenge. Naruto should harness the powerful dragon blade and stand before the mighty Genryu to save the world. The legendary dragon blade is the key to preventing world destruction. You have to grow in strength and fight and unlock some specific elemental powers to kill the dragons.
- Fighting enormous dragons.
- Unlocking extraordinary ninja skills.
- The character’s design is impressive.
- You have to listen to never-ending pointless dialogues.
- The game has poor camera angles.
- Same enemies in every challenge to defeat.
15. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja
Genre: fighting/Role-playing game.
Initial release date: 23rd October 2003
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja is based on free-movement fighting, has stage hazards, and offers bottomless pits you could fall in. The game provides unique combo attacks like Jutsu and chakra attacks.
The unique feature of this game involves the body replacement technique to avoid attack by your enemies. Many secret skills are hidden in this game, making it possible to beat your opponent in Jutsu. The gameplay covers anime events, from the Land of Waves arc to the Konoha Crush arc. You have to perfect your ninja skills to earn coins and unlock significant excess to the bonus.
- The gameplay was exciting and challenging.
- The game offers many great modes.
- The graphics are excellent.
- The game lacks a single-player mode.
- Minimal game combos.
- The challenges are repetitive.
14. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
Genre: Fighting game.
Initial release date: 28th August 2007
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes is based on Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2; the game is action fighting, while the anime is story orientated. The game has several new features and provides up to 20 players to choose from as you wish.
The new features have a three-on-three fighting system and wireless two-player battles, and the most exciting part is hidden team skills that ensure the defeat of your enemy. You power up your favorite character to customize your special ninja. The game has an intense feature of single and multiplayer or team-based game modes. You can develop your own dream squad of strong ninjas in the fantastic world of the Naruto universe.
- Massive amount of characters to select.
- The game has eight interactive stages of battling.
- Challenges are repetitive.
- The game does not have online play.
13. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Genre: Fighting/Action/Adventure/Nonlinear gameplay.
Initial release date: 4th November 2008
The famous Naruto game made on the equally popular anime series was available for the first time on PS3. It made its legendary place in the supreme world of gaming.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm was full of incredible graphic details. It has a revolutionary next-generation battle system and multi-directional battlegrounds, which adds to the appeal of this game. This game is heaven for Naruto game based on Naruto’s fabulous universe, and so the fans could act as their favorite character and play them to their heart’s content.
- The game has outstanding visuals.
- The game offers a very fluid fight.
- The game has replay value.
- The game has connection issues.
- The game is not available for online play.
12. Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Genre: Fighting/Adventure/Action/Multiplayer online game.
Initial release date: 30th August 2018
The shonen genre was inherited by Boruto after Naruto occupied the growth involving learning and overcoming difficult hurdles. At the start, Naruto used to be an annoying kid, and at the beginning of Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker, Naruto turned out to be the leader of the nation.
In this game, you create your customized ninja warrior with unique skills, live the Naruto world’s fantasy, and make your character. After that, you get into different missions and face your opponents in fights. This game has the exciting feature of customizing your character from the outfit, building and styling your character’s facial features, and then the game starts. During missions, the game goes fluidly and fast. You get to learn skills and moves from a Master who you unlock with your character’s development. While we’re at it we have prepared some awesome guides on how to advance to the rank of Jonin & Chunin in Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker.
- Excellent presentation of graphics.
- The game has terrific traversal mechanics.
- The game has a wafer-thin combat mode.
- The character development is confusing.
11. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Genre: Fighting/Action/Adventure/Strategy game.
Initial release date: 14th October 2010
The tornado of fierce ninja action returns with Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for PlayStation and Xbox. The game has forty characters for you to select, along with tremendous 3D battles, I would say that deserves a spot on our list of best Naruto games ever.
The game has refined battling mechanics, and a great story filled with replay value mode. It is the first game in the Naruto game history to be made available online. The game offers the most electrifying fighting game experience. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 engages in dramatic battles between bosses using specific fighting techniques. It has stunning graphics and visuals, which makes playing this game more fun. The real-time animation shows up to 18 interactive levels.
The game offer three deep modes to play, each of these modes will make sure you play this game from a different point of view and go through entirely different experiences.
- The game has a fantastic story mode.
- The character selection is impressive.
- The game has excellent graphics.
- Slow movements through towns.
- Less Jutsu techniques.
10. Naruto Shippuden: Clash Of Ninja Revolution 3
Genre: Fighting game.
Initial release date: 17th November 2009
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 gameplay of this game follows the anime. The game has automated blocking and elaborated input buttons. The game is an improvement in the series of this franchise.
The game offers excellent battles where time flies; you have to choose super techniques to fight and substitution techniques, both of which finish your energy in minutes. It features thirty-five characters with new and impressive fighting techniques.
- The game offers satisfying combat.
- Playing this game is rewarding and easy.
- The game allows online fighting.
- Unlocking some characters is difficult.
- The online play of this game is slow.
9. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Genre: Fighting game/Action game.
Initial release date: 10th December 2009
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 possess a large number of boss fights. The game has impeccable gameplay, which follows the anime storyline.
The game has some new characters like young Kakashi and Obito Uchiha. The game has expanded its trademark fighting engine and updated it to a four-player game battle. You get a chance to make your team and unleash a devastatingly powerful ninja attack. The game demands a lot of strategic moves to overrun your opponents in battles. The game has great mechanics, which make it easy to play for everyone.
This gameplay is one of the most played and enjoyed games in the Naruto game history.
- The game has excellent production values.
- The game offers up to four-player battles.
- A tremendous amount of content.
- The game has not improved its formula.
- A lot of unnecessary substance.
- The game has low quality.
8. Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3
Genre: Fighting/Strategic /Action game.
Initial release date: 22nd December 2005
Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 has a lot of characters for you to select and customize around to get better abilities and techniques.
The game features a new story along with new modes and a vast amount of new music too. The gameplay follows a different storyline from the previous games based on the Hero’s history. The main feature of this game is its fabulous RPG style that ensures your go for missions and unlocks several characters with specific abilities.
This game is famous among professional gamers worldwide because it improves the tedious gameplay of past Naruto games lacking in the content department. But this game is a real improvement in the Naruto game series.
- The game has excellent gameplay.
- The graphics of this game are great.
- The fun factor of this game is top-level.
- The game has an improved fighting engine.
- The background sound was not good.
- This game does not have an online mode available.
7. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact
Genre: fighting/Adventure/Action game.
Initial release date: 18th October 2011
The Naruto fan experiences their fantasy of living in the Naruto universe through this game’s fantastic storyline and great animation scenes. The game has spectacular fights and an epic battle system.
The game fights execute famous moves like Wind style recreating the action from the anime. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact tests your skills by battling hordes of enemies on a large scale. You have to choose some famous moves to be victorious in the brutal battles. The camera’s 360 rotation works perfectly in the battleground.
- The game has an addicting storyline.
- The game is very challenging.
- The game offers a lot of missions.
- The new Jutsu techniques are outstanding.
- The gameplay does not allow the switching of characters.
- The game has a minor character roster.
6. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
Genre: Fighting game.
Initial release date: 22nd December 2005
The game has an innovative style of fighting for Naruto fans who want to play Naruto and many other characters in the Naruto world.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 allows you to select your character and then customize it whatever way you want. You have an option of giving your character some super Jutsu skills, which will ensure your victory in battle. In this game, the winning needs time management because the matches move very fast, and you need to make strategies to defeat your opponent on time. There are a lot of hurdles, sinking pools, and human-eating spiders that will slow down your progress.
- The game has impressive attack features.
- In this game, you can choose your Jutsu.
- The game has better-balanced gameplay.
- No online mode is available.
- The audio is not impressive.
- The Jutsu techniques are slower to unleash.
5. Naruto: The Broken Bond
Genre: Fighting/Action/Adventure game.
Initial release date: 18th November 2008
The Broken Bond is the second most unique title in the Naruto franchise; the game has a deep exploration of puzzle-solving, locale, and many other exciting and adventurous mechanics.
The game has unique gameplay, which makes it different from other games. The graphics and visuals of this game are pretty impressive. In this gameplay, a lot of new features introduces, and every detail is minutely improved. According to the anime’s original sounds, the character’s voice and background music are improved to high quality, making it fun to listen to and play.
The game offers up to thirty-five character play, and you can enjoy this game with your friends because it is a multiplayer game. You can customize your favorite character with abilities and make them defeat their enemies in the battle. You also get to make the team and battle your enemies with powerful ninja skills.
- The game has fabulous Jitsu techniques.
- The game has impressive audio and background music.
- The game is multiplayer.
- The game has a massive amount of characters to choose from as you want.
- The quest becomes boring.
- Some challenges repeat.
- No online play is available.
4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Genre: Fighting/Action/Adventure game.
Initial release date: 11th September 2014
This game offers an excellent ninja action fight, and it is one of the famous Naruto games worldwide. The players enjoy its anime storyline-based game. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution gameplay is one of the best competitive games with very new features. This game has a blast of qualities and almost a hundred-character roster, and some of these characters were utterly unique and introduced by the manga series writer. The game brought a new element of royal-style battle where four players could fight simultaneously.
- The game offers fun brawling and combat features.
- The game animations are pretty amazing.
- The graphics are fluid.
- Multiplayer game with hectic and fun missions.
- Some gameplays are repetitive.
- The single-player mode is weak.
- The online method is unbalanced.
3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
Genre: Fighting/Action game.
Initial release date: 5th March 2013
We’ve made it to the top 3 best Naruto games. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst is a great ninja war with powerful boss fights in an ultra-dynamic form available online and offline ninja battles. The game has many enhancements and improvements along with additional content.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 has some extra chapters as it follows the anime storyline. There are new playable characters introduced in this game, making this ninja world more intense than ever. A lot of new missions are added to this game, making it more enticing and fun. This gameplay is a lot more challenging than the previous Storm Series having a welcome feature that makes sure a player fights stronger near the end. It has memorable battles that defy time and death.
- Great gameplay and story mode.
- This game is better optimized on PC.
- Extra content is available.
- Some challenges are repetitive.
2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Genre: Fighting game.
Initial release date: 23rd February 2012
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation takes a revolutionary step in online play worldwide. The players can battle in various exciting modes by selecting their favorite Naruto characters, including Naruto and Sasuke.
There is an addition of all-new animated content and extensive new online modes with tournaments and never-ending battles. The game also provides an offline single-player mode that delineates Naruto & and Naruto Shippuden storyline. You have the option of customization in your hands where you can make your avatar any way you want with unique and intriguing ninja skills.
- The game has an extensive character roster.
- Challenging gameplay.
- The graphics and visuals are impressive.
- The game has dull ougi mechanics.
- The game combat is hallow.
1. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Genre: fighting/Action/Adventure game.
Initial release date: 4th February 2016
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimat Ninja Storm 4 is the cream of the crop in the Naruto gaming library and number one on our list of best Naruto games. It is the most enjoyable yet extremely challenging game liked and played worldwide, including by professional gamers. Although the game had some malfunctions and bugs and some optimizing faults, soon the franchise got rid of them, which proved to be a real quick success in the gaming world.
This game introduces astonishing cinematography and three-dimensional fights with an enticing and compelling story. Player all over the world experiences the Naruto world like never before. The exhilarating adventure of Naruto Uzumaki was breathtaking and an epic ride in the fantastic Naruto universe with excellent features.
- The game has attention gripping storyline.
- The game has a humungous roster of fighters with countless options.
- The anime graphics are pretty amazing.
- The combat is somewhat simplistic.
- Story mode could be hard to understand for newcomers.