Genshin Impact has become an incredibly popular game, gaining a massive following after its launch. Unfortunately, while the game is available on quite a few platforms, many players are struggling to get past the loading screen.
While getting past the loading screen in Genshin Impact may feel impossible, there are quite a few ways you could resolve the issue. Stick around to find out some of the best solutions for fixing the error occurring at the loading screen in Genshin Impact.
Why Is Genshin Impact Stuck On The Loading Screen?
Genshin Impact is an action role-playing game (ARPG) that was developed by miHoYo and was released in 2020. It will be coming to Nintendo Switch soon, but the game is currently available on various platforms.
This game is extremely popular amongst countless gamers worldwide. But, unfortunately, many of Genshin Impact’s players are experiencing a rather frustrating issue while attempting to launch and play the game.
While there are a handful of bugs and errors occurring within the Genshin Impact community, the issue of getting stuck at the Genshin Impact seems to be the most common. This problem can be caused by numerous factors, all of which will be key in figuring out an accurate solution.
The most common causes for the Genshin Impact loading getting stuck seems to revolve around either the game files, other software running on the system, or the specs of the player’s hardware. Players will need to check all of these areas to narrow down and find a solid fix.
What Happens If Genshin Impact Is Stuck On Loading Screen?
Plenty of players have been flooding online forums and threads in search of causes and answers to the issue. Some players have reported numerous versions of the same issue, as the loading screen seems to get stuck at different stages for different players, including:
- Getting stuck at a certain percentage in the load data phase.
- The game may crash after the flashing imagery warning.
- Players may get stuck on the white screen after opening the big door.
- The loading screen may seem to be in an endless loop.
How To Fix Genshin Impact Stuck On Loading Screen
Before going ahead with further potential fixes, there are a couple of things that players will need to check first, such as:
1. Latest Updates
Check that your Genshin Impact and the operating system have installed the latest updates. Follow the steps below to update Genshin Impact:
- Open the Epic Launcher client.
- Go to Library.
- Click on Genshin Impact from the left pane.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Once the update is finished, close the Epic Launcher.
- Reboot your PC to apply changes.
- Try launching the game again.
2. System Requirements
Make sure that your system meets at least the minimum Genshin Impact system requirements. If your hardware is not compatible with the recommended or minimum specs, you will likely have trouble launching the game.
If this is the case, players will need to spend some time upgrading their hardware where necessary in order to meet the recommended specs. The Genshin Impact system requirements are as follows:
|Minimum System |
|Recommended System |
|Windows 7 SP1|
(64bit versions only)
|Windows 7 SP1|
(64bit versions only)
|CPU||Intel Core i5 or equivalent||Intel Core i7 (equivalent) or higher|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and higher||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB and higher|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11|
|Storage||30 GB of available space||30 GB of available space|
These could be simple causes for Genshin Impact getting stuck a the loading screen. But, you can try out the approaches below, with pictorials thanks to Partition Wizard, Pro Game Guides, and Get Droid Tips:
3. Restart Your PC
Restarting your PC is a classic, age-old trick that can resolve various issues in the gaming world. While it’s never guaranteed, this has worked for a few people with the issue. Since it’s quick and simple, it’s worth trying it out before the more complex approaches.
4. End Other Background Programs
Running too many programs at the same time could cause various issues when trying to launch the game. It’s best to close unnecessary programs via the Task Manager before launching Genshin Impact.
5. Update Graphics Card Drivers
A player may experience issues if they have missing or outdated device drivers. If this is the case, you’ll need to update your device drivers, focusing on the graphics card driver with the following steps:
- Right-click the Start button.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand a category, right-click your device, and select Update Driver.
- In the pop-up window, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the operation.
- Restart your computer and run Genshin Impact.
6. Disable Overlay Programs & Apps
Overlay programs can cause issues when trying to launch various games, including Genshin Impact. Players may need to temporarily disable their overlay programs, such s Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience, or Xbox Game Bar, in order to get Genshin Impact to launch smoothly.
7. Check and Repair Game Files
A potential cause could be that there are either missing or corrupted game files. Players will need to check and replace these files by verifying the game files using the steps below:
- Run Epic Launcher.
- Go to Library.
- Click the three-dot icon on Genshin Impact.
- Select the Verify option in the pop-up menu.
- Wait until the process is finished.
8. Increase Virtual RAM
Virtual memory will combine the RAM that you have with temporary space on your hard disk. This could be a good approach if you find that you’re running out of RAM, or that the default size of your memory isn’t big enough. You can manually increase the size using the steps below:
- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard.
- Type “advanced system settings”.
- Click on View advanced system settings.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Change.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select your C: drive.
- Click the Options button.
- Type 4096 in the text box of the Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Note: It’s always better to increase the virtual memory three times higher than the current RAM size. [1GB=1024MB]
- Click on Set.
- Select OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer.
9. Reposition the Storage and RAM
In some cases, the RAM may just need to be finessed a little bit.
- Gently remove the CPU cabinet’s side panel.
- Unplug the HDD/SDD & the RAM component from the slot.
- Clean the slot and the component.
- Place them back inside properly.
- Launch Genshin Impact again as per usual to check if the problem is resolved.
10. Check for Windows Updates
There may be various issues if your Windows OS build becomes outdated enough, or perhaps even corrupted. It’s always best to make sure that your system is up to scratch by checking for Windows updates.
Although these can be automatic, you may need to manually check from time to time. Windows updates generally help out when it comes to bug fixes and general improvements.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If available, select Download and install, and wait.
- Reboot your PC to apply changes.
11. Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot is an age-old trick that can be used to fix various gaming issues, and it may work in getting Genshin Impact to launch correctly. Follow the steps below to perform a clean boot:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig.
- Hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Click on Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab and select the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process. Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Restart your computer to apply changes.
12. Change High DPI Settings On PC
Changing your DPI settings is the last approach on the list, but this has been quite effective in solving the issue for quite a lot of players with the problem. Follow the steps below to change your DPI settings:
- Go to the game launcher and right-click it.
- Select the Properties option.
- Locate the Change High DPI settings option.
- Check the box under High DPI scaling override.
- Launch Genshin Impact.
It’s important to note that many players have tried reinstalling Genshin Impact in order to resolve the issue, but this may or may not work in every case. Fortunately, there are a variety of things you could try to resolve the issue and get back to the gaming night you’d planned.