As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We also participate in other affiliate programs and are compensated for referring traffic and business to them.
Sign in to your Microsoft account, create a new world (or load an existing one, your choice) and open your in-game menu. You’ll see an option “Invite to Game.” Tap/click on that option and another window will pop up. Choose “Find Cross-Platform Friends” on the next pop-up window. Add your friends, and once they accept your invite, they will join you in the game.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft PC?
If you are playing the bedrock Edition, adding friends is easier. To get it done:
- Make sure that you have a Microsoft account already. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create it for free on their official website. You would require it for playing with your friends and you will not be able to add your friends otherwise.
- Once you have created your account on Microsoft’s official website, open the game and choose the option “Sign In with a Microsoft Account.”
- Follow the given instructions. You should now be able to link your game to your Microsoft account.
- Create a new world (or an existing one, it is up to you) and let it load.
- Once you are into the game, pause it and go to the settings menu in the game.
- You will see a list of options on the left in grey and an option “Invite to Game” in green on the right side. Click on it.
- Once you do it, another smaller window will pop up, having the option “Find Cross-platform Friends” in green on its bottom left corner. Click on it.
- Try to find your friends using their Gamertag. You can also search for them using their Minecraft ID.
- Once you have found your friend, select “Add Friend” and then choose “Send 1 Invite”.
Here you go. You have done your part. Just wait for your friend to accept your invite, and as soon as they do it, they will join you in your Minecraft world.
Just remember that some worlds in Minecraft are specific to their platforms, and you cannot add any fiends in that world if they are not playing on the same platform. As an example, the “Mario Mash-Up” world is only available on Nintendo Switch. You cannot play it with your friends on PC.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft Xbox?
You have to follow the same steps as mentioned above for PC to add your friends on Xbox. However, there is one step that Xbox users may not need to follow. Xbox One users will automatically have a Microsoft account already, so they would not need to create one.
Start following from Step 2 onwards (mentioned above for PC) to add your friends.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft PS4?
Nothing different here too. Follow all the steps mentioned for adding friends in Minecraft on PC.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft Mobile?
To play on Minecraft Pocket Edition together, you and your friends should be in the same area/vicinity as this works locally only.
- Go to ‘Settings’, and on local server multiplayer, set the setting to ‘on.’
- Launch the game and sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Create a world, and once it loads, go to the menu again.
- Select your friend and send them the invite to join you in Minecraft.
How to Accept a Friend Request in Minecraft PC?
Go through the following steps to accept a friend request on Minecraft PC:
- Select the friend list from the home menu in Minecraft.
- You will then see a message that says ‘You received a friend request’. Tap on this message.
- Tapping on the message will display the list of all the friend requests sent to you.
- Choose the friend request you wish to accept.
And there you go, the friend request will be immediately accepted.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft?
Here, the methods to connect and play with your friends would differ again for both the version of Minecraft. Let’s try to know how it would work on each platform.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft PC?
In Java Edition, you can play on an online server by connecting with the exact IP address of the multiplayer servers of your friends. If you want to set up your server, you would have to download the server file. Otherwise, connect to your friend’s server.
In Bedrock Edition, three official servers are Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP. You can choose and join any of the servers you like to play with your friends.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft Xbox?
On Xbox One, you can only play the Bedrock Edition with your friends online through the same three official servers; Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP. You can also add external servers by choosing “Add Server” and then putting in the required information.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft PS4?
Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat servers are also available on PS4 in the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft. However, due to platform restrictions, you would not be able to add any external servers.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft Mobile?
The same three servers, Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat, are also available in the Minecraft PE. Choose and play with your friends on any of the servers you like to.
How to Play Minecraft with Friends without Realms?
There are two ways to play with friends on Minecraft without realms. Local LAN and servers.
To play on LAN together, you and your friends should share a common LAN port. Your friends can join you by launching the game through the LAN connection.
To play on the servers, visit the multiplayer tab and add the server address of your friends. You should be able to join them soon after.