Because of his enormous popularity and overall importance for Jujutsu Kaisen, Megumi Fushiguro is a character we have discussed more than once on Fiction Horizon. He is one of the most important Jujutsu Kaisen characters, especially because he is part of the protagonist trio. Now, we all know that Megumi can use the Ten Shadows Technique. Still, instead of focusing on the technique in general, in this article, we will tell you about Mahoraga, the technique’s most powerful Shikigami. How did Megumi even get Mahoraga, and how powerful is it? Well, keep reading to find out.
Megumi’s Ten Shadows Technique is one of the most powerful ones
If it makes sense, before we address Mahoraga, we explain what Megumi’s Ten Shadow Technique is. This is a very important Technique, as it is not only extremely powerful but also extremely valuable, especially to members of the Zenin Clan. But, even Sukuna saw the value of this technique, which speaks for itself, as Sukuna would not care much about a weak technique, yet he was very interested in obtaining the Ten Shadows Technique. So, what is it, even?
The Ten Shadows Technique is an inherited Zenin clan technique with which the user can call ten separate shikigami through the shadows. Megumi Fushiguro and the Edo period Zenin clan leader or Keicho (16th century) are known to have possessed this skill. The method of generating a shikigami is largely unknown.
It is hinted that the user will need to shape their own cursed energy to make the shikigami, and to do so, they must have a model or blueprint of how they want their creation to look in mind. After being created, the shikigami must go through a purification or exorcism ritual before the user can manage it.
The known shikigami that Megumi can summon with this technique are:
- Divine Dogs: Megumi summons two shikigami hounds, one white and one black, that hunt and devour Curses. Later, after the S-Class Curs destroyed the White Hound during the Fearsome Womb Arc, Megumi invested the Divine Dogs’ abilities and dark energy into a stronger version of the Black Dog called Divine Dog: Totality.
- Nue: An owl-like shikigami that has the ability to fly. Nue is strong enough to carry a human while in flight, and its offensive abilities are primarily dive attacks from the sky and electrical attacks.
- Great Serpent: A giant snake shikigami whose primary tactics consist of a surprise attack by jumping out of the ground and binding the opponent. This shikigami was destroyed by Sukuna.
- Toad: A large toad, using its tongue to pin opponents down and hold them down. Megumi also used a toad to save Nobara and save herself from him.
- Max Elephant: An elephant shikigami capable of releasing a large amount of water from its trunk. Due to the fact that it consumes a lot of cursed energy, Megumi is only able to use its basic form.
- Rabbit Escape: A large number of bunny shikigami that can distract the enemy so the user can evade them.
- The Well’s Unknown Abyss: Combining the powers of two of his shikigami, Nie and Toad, the Toads gain wings as well as the ability to fly.
- Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga: Mahoraga is the strongest and most dangerous shikigami that can be summoned via the Ten Shadows Technique. So far, not a single Ten Shadow Technique user has been able to exorcise and control Makora, and Megumi is no exception.
Mahoraga is the only Shikigami naturally related to the technique
So, the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga is a proper monstrosity in every sense of the word. It is not shaped into a shikigami by someone, and as far was seen, but is innate to the technique, as the legends of Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga have been passed via generation. So what does this Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga even do?
Well, we first have to stress that Megumi thought twice before summoning him, as he knew that he could not tame it, which wasn’t on him per se – Mahoraga is simply too skilled. Not even the most powerful members of the Zenin Clan could do much against it, which is why no one likes to summon it, really. Sukuna and Gojo are the only characters who have been able to win against the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga, which speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
Seeing how the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga is the only shikigami among the ten that several other Zenin Clan members have shared, we can conclude that the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga is tied to the technique, rather than the user. So, when someone asks you where the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga comes from, you can simply tell them that he is part of the technique and comes from there. And that is all you need to know about this topic.
Have something to add? Let us know in the comments below!