Who Does Boruto Like – Sarada, Sumire, or Someone Else?
It is a well-known fact that shonen anime do include some romance elements, but rarely actually focus on them. This gives fans ample opportunity to ship different characters with each other, thus coming up with various fan theories. Now, some of these ships do eventually come true – like Sasuke and Sakura, and Naruto and Hinata – but most of them are either revealed during the epilogue, or don’t happen at all. In this article, we are going to discuss Boruto’s feelings towards some of his co-protagonists from Boruto.
At this moment, it seems more likely that Boruto has a crush on Sarada than Sumire. Namely, it has been implied that Boruto and Sarada have a mutual crush on each other, and while Sumire is certainly nicer as a character than Sarada, she is a bit too much like Boruto’s mother, Hinata, so we don’t think that the writers would actually repeat Naruto’s “story” for a second time. A third person is currently unlikely.
The rest of this article is going to focus on Boruto and his relationships with Sarada and Sumire. Now, we don’t really have a lot of information on this topic since romantic relationships never were a primary focus for the Naruto franchise, but regardless of that, we have collected what we know and we’re going to present it to you so that you have all the information in one place.
Does Boruto like Sumire or Sarada?
In this section, we are going to analyze the two main ships regarding Boruto Uzumaki. Namely, from what we could gather in the anime and manga, Boruto’s either going to end up with Sumire or Sarada. Before we give our opinion on the issue, we are going to analyze both ships and see which one is more likely in the long run.
Boruto and Sarada are childhood friends, as their parents had a close relationship with their childhood friends. Both Boruto and Sarada got to know their respective parents and their children. Boruto and Sarada got to know each other through their parents and grew very close.
Here is the evidence that we have that supports this theory:
- Although Sarada thinks Boruto is a troublemaker and Boruto thinks she is stuck-up, the two still have respect for each other.
- Sarada is interested in Boruto’s rebelliousness towards his father and his actions to gain attention.
- As mentioned in the novel, Boruto and Sarada watch over each other.
- It has been seen that Boruto and Sarada care a lot about each other.
- Although Boruto often makes fun of Sarada’s dream of becoming Hokage, he supports her dream and does not want her to fail.
- Sarada defended Boruto against Sasuke when Boruto thought Sasuke was disappointed in his Rasengan training, and showed enthusiasm for Boruto when Sasuke agreed to train him.
- Boruto and Sarada have a strong bond of trust. Boruto trusts Sarada’s judgment and she has confidence in his abilities.
- Boruto has protected Sarada against Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
- Boruto and Sarada blush in each other’s presence.
- After realizing their dreams, Boruto promises Sarada that he will protect her no matter what if she becomes Hokage.
- Sarada admits to herself that it is his blue eyes that draw her to Boruto the most.
- Sarada squeezes both hands as she worries about Boruto.
- Sarada admits that she likes the change in Boruto’s personality.
- They often worry about each other.
- Mitsuki keeps emphasizing that they are a great duo. He also thinks they can be an ideal couple.
- Boruto blushes at Sarada and she blushes at him over something the other has said.
Boruto and Sumire are classmates, who study and train under Shino. Sumire, as the class president, watches over and cares about her class’s safety.
Here is the evidence that we have to support this theory:
- In chapter 19 of the manga Boruto, Sumire confesses that she has romantic feelings for Boruto.
- Boruto affectionately calls Sumire ‘Inchou’, meaning class representative, and has only called her by her name once.
- Sumire and Sarada have a conversation among women. Sumire notes that her fellow scientific ninja has taken a liking to Boruto. She then asks Sarada if she thinks he is popular with the girls.
- After Sarada clarifies that she does not mind if other girls like Boruto, Sumire hints that she has feelings for him by saying that it bothers her.
- Sumire and Boruto have shown a certain amount of concern for each other.
- Boruto treated Sumire differently than his other classmates. He never provoked her and always treated her with respect, unlike other girls in the class.
- Among the girls in the class, Sumire receives the most respect and care from Boruto.
- Boruto is always the first to step in and save Sumire from harm.
- Boruto has never disrespected or contradicted Sumire.
- Boruto is always protective of Sumire.
- Boruto has a soft spot for Sumire.
- Boruto showed jealousy when Magire proposed to Sumire and when she treated Kagura’s wound.
- Boruto blushed when Chocho pointed at Magire to confess to Sumire, thinking that he was the one being asked to confess.
- Boruto immediately comes to Sumire when it appears that she is in danger.
- Boruto has great confidence in Sumire.
- Boruto panicked when he learned that one of the academy students was injured in the cleaning facility, thinking that it might be Sumire. Although Shikadai assured him that it might or might not be Sumire, he did not listen to him and rushed to the hospital.
- When Boruto pushed open the door of Sumire’s hospital room, Metal Lee, who had been leaning against it, fell to the floor. Although Sumire told him that she was fine and Metal Lee painfully told him that he was not fine, Boruto paid no attention to him and focused on Sumire.
- Boruto blamed himself heavily when he could not save Sumire in time when there was an incident at the water treatment plant.
- When Boruto was asked by Mitsuki whether he would rather save the village and his family or Sumire, he chose both without hesitation.
- Boruto refused to let Mitsuki kill Sumire.
- Boruto showed relief when Mitsuki told him that Sumire was still alive.
In the end, the BoruSara ship seems more likely than BoruSumi. Why? Well, while Sumire certainly might be a more gentle character than Sarada and, thus, a better candidate to soothe Boruto’s maverick nature, the fact that she reminds so many people of Hinata, Boruto’s mother, makes that ship less likely. Namely, we don’t think that Kishimoto and the anime writers would ultimately go for a complete replica of Naruto’s love story with Hinata, which is what the BoruSumi ship would be.
On the other hand, the evidence for the BoruSara ship is much firmer and it does really seem that they both are each other’s mutual crush. While they might be rivals, they are very similar in their natures and they do share a mutual respect that seems to go even deeper. So, we honestly think that, unless something changes drastically, the BoruSara ship is much more plausible.
Does Boruto end up marrying Sarada?
At this moment, we don’t really know whether Boruto will end up marrying Sarada. As we have explained, Sarada seems to be Boruto’s crush and the emotions seem to be mutual, but since Boruto is, by all assumptions, still a long way from being finished, we don’t really know what Kishimoto has in store for Boruto and Sarada. They might love each other, but never marry, they might marry… we simply don’t know at this moment and there are no hints about anything at this moment.
Who was Boruto’s first kiss?
As far as we know, Boruto did not have his first kiss yet; at least, he did not on-screen. If you’re referring to the scene between Sarada and Boruto from Episode 38, where a passerby pushes Boruto into Sarada, making it seem as they are about to kiss, they actually never kissed, since Sarada raided her foot and Boruto ended up kissing her shoe instead.