Want to lighten up your Minecraft world during nights? For that, you need a light source. Light sources are a kind of block that emits light. Different light sources serve different purposes in Minecraft. You can also use these blocks for your protection. There are over 60 light sources in Minecraft. Few of them have more immersive light technology. In contrast, others have enough light to brighten up your Minecraft homes.
The best Minecraft light sources and light levels include Jack O’ Lantern (Level 15) that is super effective to prevent mobs from spawning, and Redstone Lamp (Level 15) is as bright as the sunlight. Lanterns (Level 15), Lava (Level 15), Torches (Level 14), Campfire (Level 15), etc are some other light sources in Minecraft.
Farming and Mob spawning are the two crucial game mechanics in Minecraft. Light has an apparent effect on these mechanics. Light sources give off light of different levels in Minecraft. This guide consists of all the best light-emitting blocks in Minecraft. These blocks will help you brighten your Minecraft house. Minecraft light levels vary from high intensity to low-intensity levels.
So let’s get to know about the best Minecraft light sources and light levels.
14 Best Minecraft Light Sources and Light Levels (2021)
There are more than 60 light sources in Minecraft. They will offer you pleasing experiences. In Minecraft, there are almost 15 levels of light that depend upon your location. Different kinds of mobs spawn on different light levels. These levels will give off lights of different intensity in Minecraft.
But what roles do the light sources with light levels play in Minecraft? And why do these light sources differ from one another? Let’s get to learn about them.
1. Lava (Level 15)
Are you looking for the best light source to lighten up your Minecraft building? Then this light source is for you. The Lava light source is for those Minecraft houses that you make from stones.
What’s so special about this light source?
- You can use lava for the lightning of your houses.
- Lava has a flowing nature. That’s what makes it the best light source in Minecraft.
- It gives you the light of high intensity in Minecraft.
- This light source has the highest light level (Level 15) in Minecraft.
- At higher temperatures, lava emits red light.
- To some extent, it also stops the Minecraft mobs from spawning.
What is the downside of this light source?
You can’t use lava for your houses that you make either from flammable blocks or wooden planks.
2. Redstone Lamp (Level 15)
Redstone lamp is a substantial light source in Minecraft. During nights, mobs come out and spawn around your Minecraft world. Redstone lamp will help you stop mobs from spawning in Minecraft. There are certain other things that you need to know about the Redstone lamp in Minecraft, such as:
- Mobs do not spawn on Redstone lamps in Minecraft.
- This light source has the highest light level (Level 15) in Minecraft. This level will give you the light as bright as the sunlight.
- If you attach an active power signal with the Redstone lamp, it will give you a light of high intensity. You will need to activate it with a Redstone signal.
- It is a unique light source in Minecraft.
- You can light up your entire Minecraft map with this light source.
But how would you make Redstone in Minecraft? Follow the steps given below.
- First, you need to make a Glowstone block by gathering some Glowstone dust from the Nether.
- You will need a crafting grid of 3×3 to make a Redstone light source.
- Then, place a Glowstone block in the middle of the crafting grid.
- Place four red stones around the Glowstone block.
- You will get your Redstone lamp with this arrangement.
3. Sea Lanterns (Level 15)
Looking for the brightest light level in your gameplay? Well, here you have this amazing light source. Sea lanterns are one of those light sources in Minecraft that give you a light level of 15. The other perks of sea lanterns include:
- It provides you a pleasing light effects around your Minecraft building.
- You can use them to power a conduit underwater.
- Sea lanterns will give off light underwater.
- You can also craft or mine them in Minecraft. With silk touch enchantment on your tools, you will mine them easily.
- You can get them with the prismarine crystals in your inventory.
4. Beacon (Level 15)
Want to spread the light far away from your Minecraft house to the end of the sky? No worries, Beacon’s light will help you fulfill your desire. What you can do with this light source is:
- You can project the light rays in an upward direction.
- You will also get level 15 lights to decorate your world.
- It is a kind of fantastic block that will help you ward off the monsters in Minecraft.
- The other perks include special powers. You will be able to get five special powers such as speed, haste, resistance, jump, and strength.
5. Jack O’ Lanterns (Level 15)
Want to decorate your Minecraft world with the best light source? The Jack O’ Lantern is the item you have to craft. Jack O’ Lantern is a decorative light source in Minecraft. It also provides you with the highest light level.
- Jack O’ Lantern will serve you both as decorative and light blocks in Minecraft.
- They are easy to craft. All you need is to collect a pumpkin, a few shears, and a torch.
- They are Halloween-inspired blocks in Minecraft.
- You can get rid of the deadly creatures with these light blocks.
- You will also find them super effective among all the other light sources in Minecraft.
6. Lanterns (Level 15)
Minecraft has a variety of blocks that you can use as a light source. Lanterns are one of those blocks. They are the brightest light blocks in Minecraft. Here’s what you need to know about lanterns:
- Lanterns will provide you with the highest light level (Level 15) in Minecraft. Light level 15 is the highest level that you can get in Minecraft for lightning your world.
- This light will help you lighten up your world too far away from your house.
- You will find them with a larger range when compared with the Minecraft torches.
- You can craft them quite easily. You will need a torch and eight iron nuggets to craft a lantern.
- Lanterns are also the recent light sources in Minecraft.
- You can hang them by sneaking.
7. Campfire (Level 15)
Need something effective to get rid of the undead monsters in Minecraft? Well, a campfire will serve you in the best way in this regard. The other factors that will compel you to get campfire light blocks in Minecraft are:
- You will find it extremely bright for your Minecraft house.
- Campfire is easily craftable.
- With light level 15, a campfire will help you find your enemies at night.
- You will be able to send almost ten smoke signals to the atmosphere with these light blocks.
- It has recently been added to Minecraft world.
- You can use these blocks to lighten up your houses and as a decorative building block in Minecraft.
8. Glowstone (Level 15)
It is the brightest block in Minecraft. It will provide you with the highest light level in Minecraft. The most obvious features of this light source include:
- It emits a light level of 15.
- Glowstones will help you prevent mobs from spawning around your world.
- You will also get more light intensity with Glowstones than with the Minecraft torches.
- You will find Glowstones useful when it comes to incorporating them on your walls.
- It is a common way to produce light in Minecraft.
- You can craft firework stars that will give you a light for your world.
But how would you get Glowstones for your homes? There are a few ways to get these brightest blocks in Minecraft. They include:
- You can find these light sources around your Minecraft world. You can mine these blocks with your enchanted tools.
- You can make it with Glowstone dust into the crafting table.
- Trading is another way to get these light sources in Minecraft.
9. Conduit (Level 15)
Want to get a light level of 15 both in water and on land? Then, this is the light source to help you out. This light source comes in beautiful shapes. You will be able to use them to decorate your Minecraft world. The other features include:
- It is one of the rarest light sources in Minecraft.
- You can’t craft it easily. The reason is, one of its crafting items is difficult to in Minecraft. You will not find “The Heart of The Sea” in Minecraft.
- You will be able to get the range of light up to 90 blocks.
10. End Rod (Level 14)
Looking for brightening up your Minecraft location? Here you have this light source. End rods are the Minecraft level 14 light sources. Other advantages include:
- End rods are pretty bright light blocks. They usually emit a light level of 14 in Minecraft.
- End rods produce light by emitting tiny white particles.
- During darkness or at night, you will find these light sources useful.
- You can find them quite easily all over the Minecraft end cities.
11. Torches (Level 14)
Minecraft torches are one of the widely used light sources in the virtual gaming world. These are also common in Minecraft. You will want this light source in Minecraft because of the following reasons.
- It will give you a level 14 luminance for your house.
- It is economic benefits for you. You will find this light source cost-effective for your gameplay.
- You will get level 14 light or brightness when you place them on the floor or a wall.
- A light level of 14 is enough to stop monsters from spawning.
There is only one thing that is limiting its usage in Minecraft; you won’t be able to use torches underwater. You can’t use them by holding them in your hands as well.
12. Furnace (Level 13)
Minecraft Furnace is a versatile block used as a light source. Not only does it smelt different items in Minecraft, but it also serves you as a source of light. A furnace emits a light level of 13 in Minecraft. It helps you to light up your Minecraft houses. During nights, it also makes you able to stop the Minecraft mobs from wandering around your homes.
13. Soul Campfire (Level 10)
Want to navigate through the Minecraft Nether? Well, Minecraft nether is a dangerous place to visit in Minecraft. You will find many mobs in Minecraft Nether. Yet, you can navigate the Nether with a valuable light source in Minecraft. Soul Campfire is:
- A beautiful light block in Minecraft.
- It will help you visit the Minecraft Nether quite easily.
- It produces light with its blue flames. These flames will be worth your Journey in Minecraft Nether.
- Soul Campfire emits a light level of 10. It would be enough to brighten your way to the Minecraft Nether.
14. Ender Chests (Level 7)
In Minecraft, different blocks serve different purposes. Usually, a block serves more than one function in Minecraft. is the case with the Ender Chests. An Ender Chests is a light block in Minecraft. Its properties include:
- Due to the light-emitting properties, you will use it for lightening up your Minecraft houses.
- You will get half of the maximum amount of light with this block. It emits a light level of 7 in Minecraft.
It will help you transfer and store different items in Minecraft.