It is a well-known fact that shonen anime do include some romance elements but rarely actually focus on them. This gives fans ample opportunity to ship different characters with each other, thus coming up with various fan theories. Now, some of these ships do eventually come true – like Sasuke and Sakura, and Naruto and Hinata – but most of them are either revealed during the epilogue or don’t happen at all. In this article, we are going to discuss Sarada’s feelings towards some of her co-protagonists from Boruto.
As far as Sarada is concerned, she really does have feelings only for Boruto, whom she has a crush on, which is seen in various scenes throughout the anime series. On top of that, she cares very deeply for him, as has also been evidenced on numerous occasions. There is really no other realistic ship when Sarada is concerned, save for Boruto.
The rest of this article is going to focus on Sarada and her relationship with Boruto Uzumaki. Now, we don’t really have a lot of information on this topic since romantic relationships never were a primary focus for the Naruto franchise. Still, regardless of that, we have collected what we know, and we’re going to present it to you so that you have all the information in one place.
Does Sarada have a crush on Boruto?
The dynamics of the relationship between Sarada Uchiha and Boruto Uzumaki are quite interesting. The two of them have a very similar relationship that Naruto and Sakura had, but there is a major difference between them. Namely, where Sakura never loved Naruto like she did Sasuke – she never had any romantic feelings for him, whilst Naruto did have romantic feelings for Sakura, but he understood that she loved Sasuke and retreated – Boruto and Sarada seem to have genuine feelings for one another. Here are some situations that illustrate this well:
- Although Sarada thinks Boruto is a troublemaker and Boruto thinks she is stuck up, the two still have respect for each other.
- Sarada is interested in Boruto’s rebelliousness towards his father and his actions to gain attention.
- As mentioned in the novel, Boruto and Sarada watch over each other.
- It has been seen that Boruto and Sarada care a lot about each other.
- Although Boruto often makes fun of Sarada’s dream of becoming Hokage, he supports her dream and does not want her to fail.
- Sarada defended Boruto against Sasuke when Boruto thought Sasuke was disappointed in his Rasengan training and showed enthusiasm for Boruto when Sasuke agreed to train him.
- Boruto and Sarada have a strong bond of trust. Boruto trusts Sarada’s judgment, and she has confidence in his abilities.
- Boruto has protected Sarada against Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
- Boruto and Sarada blush in each other’s presence.
- After realizing their dreams, Boruto promises Sarada that he will protect her no matter what if she becomes Hokage.
- Sarada admits to herself that his blue eyes draw her to Boruto the most.
- Sarada squeezes both hands as she worries about Boruto.
- Sarada admits that she likes the change in Boruto’s personality.
- They often worry about each other.
- Mitsuki keeps emphasizing that they are a great duo. He also thinks they can be an ideal couple.
- Boruto blushes at Sarada, and she blushes at him over something the other has said.
So yeah, the BoruSara ship is quite real, and based on everything we’ve seen when Sarada and Boruto are concerned, it only makes sense that the two of them would end up together at one point in the story. It is probably not going to happen during the main plot, as neither Naruto’s nor Sasuke’s relationships became official in the main series (Naruto’s became official in a movie and Sasuke’s somewhere along the way). Still, an epilogue scene is set to confirm that Sarada and Boruto end up as a couple.
At this moment, we don’t know whether Boruto will actually marry Sarada if that is your next question, but they are bound to become a couple at one point in the story. As we have explained, Sarada seems to be Boruto’s crush, and the emotions seem to be mutual. However, since Boruto is, by all assumptions, still a long way from being finished, we don’t really know what Kishimoto has in store for Boruto and Sarada. They might love each other but never marry, or they might marry… we simply don’t know at this moment, and there are no hints about anything at this moment.
What we know at this moment is that Sarada Uchiha has a crush on Boruto. The motions are quite obvious, and while there might be other ships in the series related to both Boruto and Sarada, this is by far the most obvious one and by far the most secure one. Sarada and Boruto have that love-hate dynamic that is typical of shonen couples, but they also care deeply for each other, as we have seen in the series and as we have shown you in the list above.
As far as we can understand, there is absolutely no one else in Sarada’s eyes, and while Boruto has been shipped with other characters as well, these ships don’t seem realistic. Namely, we don’t see Boruto with anyone else but Sarada. Sure, Boruto is not the most romantic character in the series. He is somewhat of a combination between Naruto’s clumsiness and Sasuke’s focus on his goal, making him a very complex character when romance is concerned. On the other hand, Sarada is very similar to her mother, Sakura, making her easier to analyze.
But, knowing both Naruto and Sasuke, as well as Sakura, the three characters with whom we have compared Boruto and Sarada, we can ascertain that there are no other people for the two of them. All three of them are loyal to their emotions, and while Naruto’s emotions changed, he is now fully loyal to Hinata, which is why we are certain that the same is going to happen with Sarada and Boruto.