Dragon Ball Z is one of the most well-known anime series out there which follows the adventures of Goku and his friends. It is one of the most popular manga/anime franchises in history, with over 250 million copies sold worldwide. Not only the storyline, but the quotes of its characters are also evergreen and famous. If you’re a fan of Dragon Ball then this post is for you! I’ve compiled some of the best Goku quotes from Dragon Ball Z to give you all the feels.
Dragon Ball Z is one of the most popular anime series ever created. Goku, the main character, has become a household name, and every quote from him that fans have come to know and love. This blog will show you some of his best quotes from Dragon Ball Z with an explanation about what he said in each situation. These are just a few examples of how Goku’s words can resonate with anyone who reads them, whether they’re anime fans or not!
He’s really quite inspirational!
Best Goku Quotes From Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Z has pretty good quotes, especially if we take a look at the quotes of Goku. They are fantastic, meaningful, and full of educational messages. The epic quotes of this anime are still very relatable and popular among the Dragon Ball Z devoted fans.
You will find many inspirational lessons from Goku as well. I’ve combined all the famous humorous and inspiring quotes from your favorite powerful character Goku from this top-rated anime series.
So, let’s start the inspirational journey, and you should keep scrolling to find your favorite quote and to discover some new quotes by Goku as well. Do share it with your friends to motivate them and make them laugh at some silly Goku comments that I’ll mention here too.
Goku Famous Quotes In Dragon Ball Anime
Goku is a brilliant person who was first sent to the Earth to destroy it. But due to some head injury, he lost his memory. His memory loss was a miracle, and he became a strong protector and defender of Earth. Instead of following his destructive nature, his destiny changed as well as his outlook of life.
Due to the surprising incident, Goku’s life mission changed, and he became the sole reason to save the Universe from destruction.
Here are some famous quotes by Goku that you will find very motivating and purposeful because he was a wise and powerful character in the Dragon Ball Z anime series. And he taught us many life lessons through his actions and words.
1. “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.”
Goku here tells us that power is not something you get because you want it. You will only feel powerful when you need it the most: the need to change the world and stand for the right things.
2. “I am the hope of the Universe…I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace…I am the protector of the innocent…I am the light in the darkness…I am the truth. Ally to good…Nightmare to you!”
Goku explains his importance as a person who will save the Universe from the enemy. He has the ability and strength to maintain the peace of this world, and he is the only one who can defend the Universe in dark times. He is also warning his enemy that he will become trouble for them.
3. “Even a low-class warrior can surpass an elite. With enough hard work.”
Hard work can make anyone strong enough to become a hero, and it is a strong message delivered by Goku. Only practice and enthusiasm can take you from being mediocre to the top of the field.
4. “Keep training and get stronger. I’ll always be one step ahead of you, though!”
Training and practice with enthusiasm will only ensure your victory. Goku believes in hard work, and he didn’t use to shy from hard work. We find everything hard, but Goku used to love hard work because he knew that hard work always pays in the end.
5. “You talk tough, but you’re nothing but a pushover.”
Goku motivated us and gave us the push we needed to stand up against bullying. He hates people who bully innocent and weak. Goku couldn’t stand such bad behavior, so he used to stand up against it.
6. “It looks like they only want me, and that’s exactly who they’ll get.”
Goku is a powerful and level-headed character who is not afraid to face his enemies. He will do anything to safeguard his friend and family. Fighting is his passion, and he won’t hesitate to answer any challenge from his competitor.
7. “Don’t get ahead of yourself; you haven’t beaten us yet.”
Goku tells his fighter that he should not celebrate his victory because he hasn’t beaten their team yet. Goku and his fellow have much strength and fight left in them to defeat their enemies.
8. “Me personally, I like to work and train.”
Goku is a master of martial arts, and he trains with passion and works hard to be better and better. He is determined to win the fight against his enemies for the defense of the Universe. Goku will never let his enemy defeat him because he is fighting for the well-being of this world. His determination shows us his spirit to reach his ultimate goal.
9. “I would rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster.”
We know that Goku’s character is based on The Monkey King. As an infant, he had a tail just like a monkey. That is why he said that he doesn’t mind being an idiot or stupid monkey, but he won’t do anything evil that will hurt humanity. He is kind and caring, and he stands up to the well-being of his loved ones. This quote gave us an important message that humanity is fundamental.
10. “I am going to be a lot stronger than I ever was!” –
Goku believes in moving forward to be better and stronger. Every day we have the opportunity to increase our knowledge and strength. We shouldn’t miss a single chance to add to our power. Suffering and hardships make a human being stronger with time, and then we don’t repeat the same mistake twice. Instead, we learn from our errors.
11. “You seem to delight in seeing other people suffer. And you treat life like a disposable commodity. You destroy homes. You take the lives of innocent, peace-loving people. You even take the lives of children. And all of this, for your own amusement or personal gain. Well, now it’s your turn.”
Goku was firmly against hurting the innocent, and he hated and fought against such people. He hates to see innocents suffering just because of someone’s mean reasons. Goku stood up for the weak and wouldn’t let bad people enjoy hurting others.
12. “You see, when you take life, you live deep in fear that your life will be taken away as well. When you harm others, you’re only just harming yourself.”
You must have heard that pronoun ‘when you dig a grave for someone, you dig a grave for yourself too.’ It means if you hurt someone or have bad intentions towards others, you will be treated the same way by fate. It is such an essential lesson in this cruel world, and Goku delivered this message perfectly.
13. “Show them what a Saiyan is made of!”
He is motivating his fellow Saiyan to show their enemies the true power of Saiyan.
14. “Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets.”
Life is short, and you should not waste it by having guilt about something. We should not be hard on ourselves and others; instead, we need to learn to let things go. We should try to forgive and forget because it is the only way to have a peaceful and satisfactory life.
15. “I am looking at things from a much higher perspective than you. I observe this world, this Universe, the truth of all things. And I have realized that humans must be destroyed…Out of all which the gods have made, mortals are their sole failure. In order to make this world, this Universe, into a beautiful utopia, I must remove humanity, in place of the gods who refuse to admit their mistake.”
16. “I don’t understand why you call Saiyans by such mindless names. The only thing it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance. I guess name-calling is your only attack because you’re too weak to challenge me any other way.”
17. “Nappa: I’m the second strongest Saiyan from the Planet Vegeta!
Goku: Well, if your friend is stronger than you, I guess you’re the third strongest Saiyan now.”
18. “Low-ranker, elite, whatever. You can beat anyone; it’s called hard work!” –
19. “This guy’s a cut above the rest. He’s not gonna go down easy.”
20. ” Vegeta knows it too. Through my dreams, I could hear him speaking what I had also felt. That there is a level beyond that of a Super Saiyan. And I will rise to claim it.”
21. “I could go one step farther If I wanted to.”
22. “Your new form is burning through more power than your body can supply. You should have waited until you were used to this form and knew how to regulate it before you started picking fights.”
23. “Goku: It’s done!
Frieza: What do you mean? You said it’s done; what do you mean?
Goku: Your energy level is decreasing with every blow. In fact, you’re not even a challenge to me anymore. It wouldn’t be fair for me to keep fighting you. I’m satisfied now. Your pride has been torn to shreds. You’ve challenged and lost to a fighter who is superior to you, and to make it worse… he’s just a monkey…right?” It would be meaningless to fight you now; you’re too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently. Goodbye, Frieza, never make mischief again. May you live the rest of your life in peace.”
24. “With my newfound power, I can beat anyone!”
25. ” Goodbye, Vegeta. You’re not as cold-hearted as you believed yourself to be. A heart of stone can’t shed tears as you did. You must have been holding them back your whole life. I’m the only one left. I think I understand you now. You weren’t grieving over your own death or because our home planet was destroyed. You were grieving because he turned you into what he wanted you to be. You never had a chance to be anything else. Well, I still respect you. I know you made a lot of mistakes, but now I see that it wasn’t all your fault. You had the fiery will of a Saiyan. Please share that with me now, because I need it. Thank you for saving my son’s life and buying enough time for me to recuperate. I’ll do my best to carry out your wish. (to Frieza) It’s true—Vegeta’s right. You have no honor. For him. And for everyone else you’ve destroyed, I am going to finish you.”
26. “Buu, I’m a man of courtesy, as well as strength, and I have to say, I’ve battled beings from beyond nameless galaxies, and you by far are the best.”
27. “Besides my grandpa, you’re the only human being I’ve ever seen.”
28. “Kaio-ken holds no limits to the amount of power that can be stored.”
29. “You must be Frieza, the one responsible for the horrible chain of events that have taken place on this planet. Whatever problems you have with Vegeta, you can take them up with me now.”
30. “I’ve spent months preparing for the day I’d face you in your final form. I’ve come a long way, Cell.”
31. “If I win, promise you won’t destroy the earth.”
32. “Look, Cell’s kind of worn out right now. It just wouldn’t be fair if Gohan beats him when he isn’t at his best, you know.”
33. “Maybe you’ll come back someday as…as a better person, I hope. I’d like that. Perhaps we’ll have a little one on one.”
34. “I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am the truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you.”
35. “Show me what you can do.”
36. “Let’s give it everything we’ve got!”
37. ” Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself. You haven’t beaten us yet.”
Goku Funny Quotes In Dragon Ball Anime
Goku has a good sense of humor, although he wasn’t quite as intelligent as he used to be before his incident. Sometimes he used to say pretty funny things. He turned into an energetic, kind-hearted person from being an aggressive and hostile boy. Most of the good qualities he had in his personality were because of his grandfather Gohan. He began to respect elders and care for everyone.
Goku makes silly and funny remarks, and almost all of them are mentioned here.
38. “Why’d I have to get this guy? Sure he’s big, but he kinda looks dumb to me.”
Goku is making a funny comment on a strong muscular big guy who looks dumb and stupid. His good looks are not making him look intelligent, and Goku is not ready to accept him as a partner because he does not want to lose the challenge.
39. “The ocean is so salty because everyone pees in it.”
It is such a funny remark by Goku; it clearly shows his silliness. But children have their level of understanding about everything, so that is why he made this comment.
40. “So, does this mean I have to go back to school now?”
Like everyone, Goku must have found going to school hard. Every kid at some point hates school and finds ways to skip school. He made a humorous remark about him going to school again because he didn’t want to go back or was excited to go to school. Only Goku could know.
41. “Welcome back, Vegeta. I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t bury you that deep after all.”
Here Goku is making fun of Vegeta because he buried him after a fight, but he appears back, and that is when he made this remark. Goku is sarcastic about Vegeta’s condition.
42. “We’re visitors from Earth. Even though we’re on your ‘Most Wanted list, we’re actually really good people.”
Goku could be funny when he wants to be. He made is a humorous comment about being ‘Most Wanted’ people who are good too. Every good character has someone evil pursuing them in every show.
43. “I’m so hungry, I can’t even move.”
This quote is very relatable to us that whenever we feel hungry, we become a baby, and moving seems challenging. So Goku’s condition is hilarious when he couldn’t find the strength to move because he was hungry. Goku loves food, and he loves eating, and this quote clearly shows us his love for food.
44. “Vegeta: This doesn’t concern you! This is between me and your circus clown of a father!
Goku: Circus clown. That’s a new one.”
I find this dialogue very funny. Vegeta is calling Goku’s father a clown, and Goku is surprised about this new name.
45. “Pan, you little rascal! What a great performance, wow!”
46. “How can androids have babies?”
47. “I guess it’s called the world’s toughest metal for a reason…”
48. “An angel? So What is an angel? But he’s got no wings, and his butt’s not hanging out.”
49. ” My butt’s on fire!”
50. ” Well, this blows.”
51. “Spread your cheeks now.”
52. ” Okay. On to plan B. Whatever that is.”
53. “I have a family of my own I need to tend to. Two boys and a wife. An extremely angry wife who probably wants to kill me right now.”
54. ” Why do women have butts on their chests?”
55. “Maybe you’ll come back someday as…as a better person, I hope. I’d like that. Perhaps we’ll have a little one on one.”
56. “I think I know how to get that smirk off your ugly mug. I’m going to renovate your face.”
57. “That’s what you think, Captain Cocky!”
Goku Fascinating Quotes In Dragon Ball Anime
Goku is a character who is not afraid to feel the emotions of fear, sorrow, and guilt. He has a deep sense of caring for everyone close to him and would do anything for others’ well-being. Despite his fighting personality, he is a calm person at heart and hates issues. But when the need arises to defend his family and Universe, he won’t hesitate to fight and kill anyone.
Goku strongly believes that everyone has good emotions, and they can change for better purposes. He has a pure heart and always says good and kind things because he believes that anyone can change their negative emotions. So he used to motivate and change his enemy’s mind with his words.
Goku is very protective of his friends and family and possesses genuine compassion for everyone. You will realize that Goku has a kind soul and teaches us many informative and much-needed life lessons through his words.
58. “It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You’re too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently.”
Goku tells his opponent that he won’t fight anymore because his enemy is already defeated and scared. Goku thinks that it wouldn’t feel right to keep fighting. Furthermore, Goku is telling his enemy to keep all the guilt and shame in himself because it is the only way he will stop doing evil acts.
59. “What’s ridiculous is the creature that doesn’t believe in respect. There are certain things you don’t do, certain things that are understood. You don’t ever mess with a man’s family.”
Goku learned to give and receive respect from his grandfather. This quote tells us to respect everyone. Goku thinks a person is ridiculous in his beliefs if he is disrespectful to his fellows or elders. And it is terrible to hurt someones’ family or friends’ life.
60. “Don’t let bad people boss you around, Broly. You and I are both Saiyans, so we should stick together!”
Goku is telling Broly not to let bad people bully him around. Goku stood up to bullies, and we should do this too. The wrong people have no right to use hurting comments to embarrass someone, and we shouldn’t let them. It is such a meaningful quote that Goku conveyed to us. It is much needed in these cruel times.
61. “I must overcome everyone that comes in my way!”
Goku is ready to defeat anything and anyone who will come in his way. He won’t let anyone stop him from reaching his goals. It is a strong quote that tells us never to give up our dreams.
62. “Release it, Gohan! Release everything! Remember all the pain he has caused… the people he has hurt… Now make that your power!!!”
Goku is motivating Gohan to let loose his anger and frustration on the enemy. Goku is asking Gohan not to let the enemy go because he killed innocent people. Goku is reminding Gohan of all the disappointment and hurt he felt at the death of innocent people.
Our anger and frustrations are the ingredients that make us powerful. Our sufferings are the only things that make us stronger than before. Hardship makes us see the accurate picture of life, and we become strong enough to face any storm.
63. “Vegeta: Kakarot! Stop poking me in the eye, you idiot!
Goku: It’s not my fault; you keep poking me in the mouth!
Vegeta: Shut up Kakarot! [Attempting to de-fuse]”
64. “Sorry, I saw an opening that just screamed ‘attack!’ so I did, ha!”
65. “Even a low-class warrior can surpass an elite. With enough hard work.”
66.” I may be giving up, but that doesn’t mean the tournament’s over. There’s still one more person for you to fight.”
67. “Show me what a Saiyan’s made of.”
68. “It looks like they only want me, and that’s exactly who they’ll get.”
69. “With my newfound power, I can beat anyone!
70. “Well, if your friend is stronger than you, I guess you’re the third strongest Saiyan now.”
71. ” Yeah, that’s part true. I do have the ability to become a Super-Saiyan 3. But hey, I can only do it for a short time.”
72. ” Listen to me, Vegeta! You see, you can’t fight him on your own! There’s only one thing left to do! I don’t know why you’re so angry, but time’s running out! You have to let it go! VEGETA!!!”
73. “You guys were too careless! I guess your poses didn’t help.”